• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Last evening my son and daughter-in-law took me out for an early Mother's Day dinner at Bonefish Grill in Cape Coral. While we waited outside for our table to be ready I noticed a solitary Chamaerops planted near the entrance. It was 6-7' tall and perfectly grown with bluish leaves and prominent gold spines. Chamaerops grow well here but are not often planted because most people prefer more tropical looking palms. But I would plant one like this in a heartbeat.
      Chamaerops humilis solitaire, Bonefish Grill, Cape Coral, FL

• kbob11
      By kbob11
      Hi everyone,
          This is my first time attempting to grow a Chamaerops humilis indoors.  I am battling a scale problem but aside from that I have noticed the fronds getting darker and darker green.  I keep this indoors for roughly 5 months of the year.  I am posting wondering how others treat this species indoors.  Any tips; watering, lighting, fert would be greatly appreciated! 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Does anyone know anything about Southern Frances Chamaerops humilis population? I recall seeing a map of its range here once and it included a tiny area of Southern France. Are there any pictures of them anywhere? Google wasn’t much help. Is the population even still there?