Sign in to follow this  
PalmTreeDude

First Flower on my Chamaerops humilis

PalmTreeDude

My Chamaerops humilis that I had for about five years now and I leave unprotected has finally flowered! 

ED30A600-3A97-46BD-A305-63A5C53E07C9.jpeg

• Like 3

Will Simpson

I always like a first . They get showy too . In a week or so they will get a really pretty yellow . My Humilus  has flowered for about 7  years , and the Cerifera about 3 years . I might take another picture when they get bright yellow .

They don't like single digits so keep an eye out for severe cold and protect it . 

Here is my smaller Cerifera :

IMG_0057.thumb.JPG.ae7e16e4c0d619c3337486dba3d76c8e.JPG

Here is my more mature Chammy humilus :

IMG_0056.thumb.JPG.99f2127d4151df80435f0d78a6859605.JPG

Edited by Will Simpson
  • Like 3

Dartolution

Congratulations! Looks like you've got a boy!

• Like 1

Will Simpson

I can't tell male from female Chammys like I know Trachys . I never get seed so I guess that is why . 

Thanks ,

Will

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Last evening my son and daughter-in-law took me out for an early Mother's Day dinner at Bonefish Grill in Cape Coral. While we waited outside for our table to be ready I noticed a solitary Chamaerops planted near the entrance. It was 6-7' tall and perfectly grown with bluish leaves and prominent gold spines. Chamaerops grow well here but are not often planted because most people prefer more tropical looking palms. But I would plant one like this in a heartbeat.
      Chamaerops humilis solitaire, Bonefish Grill, Cape Coral, FL

• kbob11
      By kbob11
      Hi everyone,
          This is my first time attempting to grow a Chamaerops humilis indoors.  I am battling a scale problem but aside from that I have noticed the fronds getting darker and darker green.  I keep this indoors for roughly 5 months of the year.  I am posting wondering how others treat this species indoors.  Any tips; watering, lighting, fert would be greatly appreciated! 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Does anyone know anything about Southern Frances Chamaerops humilis population? I recall seeing a map of its range here once and it included a tiny area of Southern France. Are there any pictures of them anywhere? Google wasn’t much help. Is the population even still there?