IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

3 year Progress Pics in Port Orange FL

Reeverse

Very nice!  Looks very lush, green and tropical!

• Like 3

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Spectacular! Never would guess that the kind of tropical palms you are growing could be accomplished that far north in Florida!

• Like 3

What you look for is what is looking

Buccaneer?, dypsis pembana(s)?, majesty on the left?, Teddy I'm pretty sure, bottle, no idea, and a flame thrower? I'm a newbie did i get them right? Are those different dypsis'? I'm hoping to have some photos of my own to this fall. Trying to do it big here in Groveland, FL

@banthony720 A warm, belated welcome to the forums!

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Very nice .

It sure shows the great potential of the near coastal areas on the east coast of Florida .

And just enough canopy to work well .

Good job .

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, banthony720 said:

Buccaneer?, dypsis pembana(s)?, majesty on the left?, Teddy I'm pretty sure, bottle, no idea, and a flame thrower? I'm a newbie did i get them right? Are those different dypsis'? I'm hoping to have some photos of my own to this fall. Trying to do it big here in Groveland, FL

Definitely have a Bucaneer, Majesty is on the left then a Royal then some Veitchia hybrids I get from seed from Kopsick park in St.Pete. I have some big spindles all over. The Teddy is a Tri-bear from Halley in Deland. I’m on a creek about a mile from the coast and have almost full canopy so I can stretch it a bit. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bill H2DB said:

Very nice .

It sure shows the great potential of the near coastal areas on the east coast of Florida .

And just enough canopy to work well .

Good job .

I just added a picture of the microspadix you gifted me a couple years ago. It’s doing great. 10x8 now 

• Like 1

Your garden looks great @Reeverse! You’ve accomplished a lot in a relatively short period of time. 

• Like 2

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b