IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Silas_Sancona

** Before going any further, i do not advise anyone consuming " wild " Mushrooms w/ out first doing extensive research, and very technical proper identification**

An interesting article related to a growing area of research involving the potential benefits of psycho-active Mushrooms. Once viewed with biased reservation,  researchers are working to reverse the negative stigma often associated with this group of Fungi and further exploring the potential for new drugs and therapeutic applications that could be right under our noses.

In the case of the Mushroom cited in the article below, potential new treatment options for pain relief, Epilepsy and Parkinson's Disease may come about in the future. Others, in different Genera, may offer hope for depression, and PTSD.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/amanita-muscaria-a-legal-psychoactive-mushroom-with-potential-therapeutic-effects/ar-BB1fWbUE?ocid=uxbndlbingoff&li=BBnbfcL

Whether Mushrooms, the plants in our gardens, or those we see, where we venture -out in nature, the plant world is a pharmacy full of new drugs yet to be discovered.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

In oregon they are trying to pass a law that would allow people with some health or mental problems to take legal mushrooms. Not sure what happen to the Bill last year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradise Found said:

In oregon they are trying to pass a law that would allow people with some health or mental problems to take legal mushrooms. Not sure what happen to the Bill last year. 

I thought it passed... Maybe pushed aside due to the COVID situation /other stuff that took precedence at the time?    Think Berkley legalized it though.

• 11 months later...

Do the magic mushrooms out west grow in cow manure? Back in the college days at UF, the psilocybin mushrooms popped in the cow poop usually after heavy humid rains and you would see many unusual looking people hanging in the cow fields, which seemed a little unusual in itself. These mushrooms, when picked, actually had psychedelic colors in their stems.

I had a friend, who specialized in a little known category called cow evangelism. He moved to the middle of the field towards the cows and commence long and vivid orations. The cows would actually move and group to observe or perhaps listen to his ramblings…

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What you look for is what is looking

9 hours ago, bubba said:

Do the magic mushrooms out west grow in cow manure? Back in the college days at UF, the psilocybin mushrooms popped in the cow poop usually after heavy humid rains and you would see many unusual looking people hanging in the cow fields, which seemed a little unusual in itself. These mushrooms, when picked, actually had psychedelic colors in their stems.

I had a friend, who specialized in a little known category called cow evangelism. He moved to the middle of the field towards the cows and commence long and vivid orations. The cows would actually move and group to observe or perhaps listen to his ramblings…

Not sure.. some probably do,  though there are supposedly 200 species of Fungi that produce Psilocybin, w. the more potent ( producers ) within the Genus Pisilocybe

Would imagine the tone of the person's voice would be what attracts attention from the Cattle, rather than being able to comprehend any words..  Have heard of cows showing interest to the sounds of certain instruments when played around them.

A couple articles:

Cows and Accordions
https://rumble.com/v33xae-cows-love-accordion-music.html

..Broader sense article related to how animals respond to music..

https://www.cuteness.com/blog/content/science-tells-us-which-animals-like-music-and-which-dont

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Not sure.. some probably do,  though there are supposedly 200 species of Fungi that produce Psilocybin, w. the more potent ( producers ) within the Genus Pisilocybe

Would imagine the tone of the person's voice would be what attracts attention from the Cattle, rather than being able to comprehend any words..  Have heard of cows showing interest to the sounds of certain instruments when played around them.

A couple articles:

Cows and Accordions
https://rumble.com/v33xae-cows-love-accordion-music.html

..Broader sense article related to how animals respond to music..

https://www.cuteness.com/blog/content/science-tells-us-which-animals-like-music-and-which-dont

Chickens love Blaze Foley, enjoy Merle Haggard, but hate Pantera. Just my observations.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

A new variety of 'magic mushroom' found in the Northern Territory. The original 'shroom'  of choice for the hippy set was called locally 'the gold top'  that grows in cattle and buffalo dung.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-02/new-species-of-magic-mushroom-discovered-in-kakadu/100960044
https://qaafi.uq.edu.au/article/2022/03/lost-magic-mushroom-kakadu

• Like 3

I believe you to be absolutely correct. That stated, it was certainly interesting to watch the cows move forward into a large group apparently listening intently to cow evangelism.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 6:06 AM, bubba said:

That’s hilarious!!! I think most of us have had that “friend” at some point. Your friend may get a gold star for cow evangelism though lol

• Like 2

Wow, I read a lot of interesting/strange things on this forum, but cow evangelism and the fact that chickens hate Pantera, this is new territory.

• Like 4

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

Bovine skeptics beware! “Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn’t, it ain’t. That’s logic.” Tweedledee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Xerarch said:

Wow, I read a lot of interesting/strange things on this forum, but cow evangelism and the fact that chickens hate Pantera, this is new territory.

Play some Slayer for the Chickens, ..particularly " Seasons in the Abyss "   See how that goes over, haha..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Play some Slayer for the Chickens, ..particularly " Seasons in the Abyss "   See how that goes over, haha..

From my observations, only mammals like the rock genre. Birds seem to universally like folkish country and classic country. If you play the right music in the forest, it can be like an old Disney cartoon.

I still need to study how Stevie Nicks affects goats.:evil:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, amh said:

From my observations, only mammals like the rock genre. Birds seem to universally like folkish country and classic country. If you play the right music in the forest, it can be like an old Disney cartoon.

I still need to study how Stevie Nicks affects goats.:evil:

The Disney cartoon starts about 45 mins after eating the mushrooms…right? Asking for a friend 

• Like 3

Never eat them! I had a friend who would boil them in Campbell’s French onion soup. My friend would drink the soup and notice just how cylindrical things that were previously observed as edges became. His Volkswagen was no more than a cylindrical marble skating down a greasy hot pan of butter. Many deep philosophical realizations that were completely inexplicable and somewhat vacant upon transmigration back.

My friend’s friend, who ate those silly fellas, wandered back from field to his apartment numerous miles, absent clothing,espousing that he was Jesus’s son. He did not understand why no one could see the fog that covered the ground to his knees…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bubba said:

Never eat them! I had a friend who would boil them in Campbell’s French onion soup. My friend would drink the soup and notice just how cylindrical things that were previously observed as edges became. His Volkswagen was no more than a cylindrical marble skating down a greasy hot pan of butter. Many deep philosophical realizations that were completely inexplicable and somewhat vacant upon transmigration back.

My friend’s friend, who ate those silly fellas, wandered back from field to his apartment numerous miles, absent clothing,espousing that he was Jesus’s son. He did not understand why no one could see the fog that covered the ground to his knees…

Your friend….:D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NOT A TA said:

Put this in another post, but also relevant here:
https://dipsy.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/slime-mold-smart-brainless-cognition/

• Like 1

The ultimate question is at what level sentience parlays itself into “consciousness”. Many vegetarians proclaim the animism towards vegetarian eating is the avoidance of ingestion of living animals. At the end of the day, where does one draw the line between mushrooms that communicate and that which is bovine? This is merely a human protraction.

Quantum physics has repeatedly proven that “consciousness” creates our universe and not contrariwise as speculated over the last 200 years of science. This has created some difficult terrain for classic physics and likely suggests an entirely new paradigm that is stubbornly resisted…

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:47 PM, bubba said:

The ultimate question is at what level sentience parlays itself into “consciousness”. Many vegetarians proclaim the animism towards vegetarian eating is the avoidance of ingestion of living animals. At the end of the day, where does one draw the line between mushrooms that communicate and that which is bovine? This is merely a human protraction.

Quantum physics has repeatedly proven that “consciousness” creates our universe and not contrariwise as speculated over the last 200 years of science. This has created some difficult terrain for classic physics and likely suggests an entirely new paradigm that is stubbornly resisted…

Consuming delicious nourishing fruits…the exquisitely palatable, digestible shed skins of some living creatures does them no harm.

Mushrooms being the fruiting body…the mycelium fungal body lives, still beneath the surface. The apple is the fruit of the tree. The egg is the fruit of the chicken. The milk is the fruit of the cow.

What vibrations and messages carry on the violently obtained flesh, that passes on when eaten and ate…

What truth does the mushroom spread…

• Like 1

Well stated and fully understand.

My likely off-topic soliloquy on the state of quantum physics and the fact that all experiments contradict Einstein’s paradigm is true beyond argument but likely not applicable to “mushrooms”! No space, no time and consciousness creating the infinite universe. An entire paradigm shift yet to be comprehended by humankind.

Notwithstanding our life in the “real world”, everything about us is virtually 100% vacuousness animated by consciousness, that is absolutely inexplicable by science. We overlook our own consciousness and simply accept it as a given, like fish comprehending water. Even a somewhat lost Einstein was deeply troubled. He questioned what lay behind the energy!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bubba said:

Well stated and fully understand.

My likely off-topic soliloquy on the state of quantum physics and the fact that all experiments contradict Einstein’s paradigm is true beyond argument but likely not applicable to “mushrooms”! No space, no time and consciousness creating the infinite universe. An entire paradigm shift yet to be comprehended by humankind.

Notwithstanding our life in the “real world”, everything about us is virtually 100% vacuousness animated by consciousness, that is absolutely inexplicable by science. We overlook our own consciousness and simply accept it as a given, like fish comprehending water. Even a somewhat lost Einstein was deeply troubled. He questioned what lay behind the energy!

Very difficult for humans to comprehend much past the tip of their nose. Only a level or 2 above their current standing, they may be partially aware of. That distant “awareness” is almost always misinterpreted as attaining a very high level. Awareness of, and full integration of a higher more clear perception of the ultimate truth are 2 vastly different things.  A VIP backstage pass to the inner workings of the cosmic vehicle. When the ride is over the door seals shut, and then disappears entirely. Most never even know there is a path, let alone start making steps towards understanding the infinite universe. Try explaining the Ultimate to the normal uninitiated human and you’ll be called the fool instead of vice versa lol. They’re not ready unfortunately. Even as lofty a comprehension as Einstein had, he still had lower boxes left to check, unfinished tasks from a previous lower existence perhaps. 

• Like 1

Einstein created the erroneous fudge factor detailed in his 1935 paper with Rosen and Podolsky (EPR correlation). He could not accept “spooky action at a distance” and did every maneuver possible to keep material realism (yet another label for classic physics) relevant. He knew his space/time grid was wrong when he viewed the stars shortly thereafter in the high powered telescope in California. He was immensely saddened and felt that he had made a tragic blunder.

In 1997, when Geneva researcher Nicolas Gisin proved through entangled  photons on optical fibers that action took place instantaneously (without time) and therefore Einstein’s light travel time is no longer relevant (spooky action at a distance was conclusively proven), classic physics and material realism took a backseat. Beyond that, the numerous experiments proving the collapse of the wave function of light into a particle upon viewing ( Application of consciousness to the process) demonstrates the previously uncorrelated affect of consciousness on light and reality.

Couple the proof of spooky action at a distance with the fact that consciousness inexorably affects, if not creates the nature of what we perceive as physical, and you are lead inextricably to the fact that there is no time or space and our consciousness creates our reality. While classical physics still has its place, a new paradigm, which dismisses the last 200 years of materialism, enters. Extrapolation of the new paradigm has yet to commence in our population!