Philly J

Trachycarpus Bulgaria

Philly J

Please remove if this Trachy species is actually another one already listed and this is not the official name.  Prepping for zone 3b in two years.  The cost of protection and electricity will be worth it to have the only palm surviving (God Willing!) in the ground in Saskatchewan.

• Like 1

sashaeffer

3b   I can't even imagine living in that kind of cold. Anxious to follow your project! I have a couple "Bulgaria" and as long as you have the plant/seeds that really come from there you will be very happy to see just how much more hardy they are than regular windmills.

Philly J
5 hours ago, sashaeffer said:

3b   I can't even imagine living in that kind of cold. Anxious to follow your project! I have a couple "Bulgaria" and as long as you have the plant/seeds that really come from there you will be very happy to see just how much more hardy they are than regular windmills.

It’s a very bizarre climate.  We basically have no spring or autumn.  Our summers can actually push over 100F and really uncomfortable, only for it to be 5F next month.