Sign in to follow this  
Palmistry

How frequently do you fertilize your palms?

Palmistry

I had a palm that was showing signs of potassium deficiency so I got sulpomag and mixed a teaspoon of it in and then watered it the next day. It worked great and my palm is looking happier!!!!

How often should I fertilize my palm? I am thinking of every 6 weeks or so, but wanted to get a sense of everyone’s pace.

lzorrito
9 hours ago, Palmistry said:

I had a palm that was showing signs of potassium deficiency so I got sulpomag and mixed a teaspoon of it in and then watered it the next day. It worked great and my palm is looking happier!!!!

How often should I fertilize my palm? I am thinking of every 6 weeks or so, but wanted to get a sense of everyone’s pace.

This depends on so many factors ... species, type of fertilizer (liq. or gran., NPK...), environmental growth conditions, and others. So, what are you growing, and under what conditions?

• Like 1

Palmistry
1 hour ago, lzorrito said:

This depends on so many factors ... species, type of fertilizer (liq. or gran., NPK...), environmental growth conditions, and others. So, what are you growing, and under what conditions?

It’s an indoor licuala grandis in NYC. It’s in a south facing room but doesn’t get direct light.

lzorrito
3 hours ago, Palmistry said:

It’s an indoor licuala grandis in NYC. It’s in a south facing room but doesn’t get direct light.

Licuala grandis are not easy, extreme care must be taken. I have no experience with this specie, so I cannot be of much help. There are some PTs here on the forum who grow them successfully. You may costum search about it here on the forum, or post a new tread mentioning the species and what kind of advice you need (fertilizer). Like that will be easier to get a specialized answer.

• Upvote 2