NBTX11

Anyone cutting down palms yet

NBTX11

I’ve given up on one of my Robusta and have hired a guy to come cut it down. Will cost me $275. It’s a goner, no amount of waiting is gonna bring it back. The other tall one I will wait until June. It’s not doing anything yet, but hasn’t totally collapsed yet either, so I’ll be a little more patient. Anyone else started cutting down large palms. 

• Like 1

palmnut-fry

No still have good sign on my 9 Ft S. bermudana so as long as there's any green ( center pulled couple weeks ago) I'll hold out but my GOD- think after pandemic & all I'm gonna leave my dead shit for posterity. JEEZ All my pitts reduced to dead sticks that my scummy neighbor can look at for now on! 15 ft bay tree froze so hard the trunk split up to the branches head level!

Y'all it was so cold I seen dead LIVE OAKS! This was quite the slap in the face...

AND NOW, FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIF

FOX TV scout came by left business card saying maybe interested in using my small bungalow as a site for a new Frankenstein series. With all the dead shit now it does have a certain haunted Munsters look! LMAO:floor2:

• Like 5

Collectorpalms

I think I will start putting a wanted add on Craigslist for tree cutters after Memorial day..., or I Might just move.

you got a quote of 275 for one tree. I have Over a dozen tall palms that need removed at this point. I might be able to do some on my own. But the ones near house I won’t do. They already lean too close to the house.

.....curious how much it will cost in total.

• Like 1

NBTX11

My guys is charging 275, but he’s also trimming my Filifera, so he’s doing two jobs actually. He was by far the cheapest guy when I hired him before to trim my palms. So if anyone in the SA area needs a tree guy I’ll give you his info. 

Meangreen94z

Just be careful, especially based on the size and proximity of the palm to your home, or other objects you care about. A lot of the “cheap” guys aren’t insured. 

NBTX11
1 hour ago, Meangreen94z said:

Just be careful, especially based on the size and proximity of the palm to your home, or other objects you care about. A lot of the “cheap” guys aren’t insured. 

It's pretty close to my house, but I'm more worried about it toppling over on to my car on it's own.  It's got to go.  How hard can it be to cut it down in the opposite direction of my house and car.  Anyone with any experience cutting things down should be able to cut it down in the other direction. 

Edited by NBTX11

Collectorpalms
13 minutes ago, NBTX11 said:

It's pretty close to my house, but I'm more worried about it toppling over on to my car on it's own.  It's got to go.  How hard can it be to cut it down in the opposite direction of my house and car.  Anyone with any experience cutting things down should be able to cut it down in the other direction. 

Some of Mine are going to be difficult because some of them they lean Like a coconut and are not straight up and down. They are going to fall in the direction of the lean.

Edited by Collectorpalms

Reyes Vargas

This guy is great at cutting down palms in not so perfect places.  He is from California but I'm pretty sure if he was from Texas he would charge a pretty penny.

He is speaking spanish in the video.  Just saying.

Collectorpalms
49 minutes ago, Reyes Vargas said:

This guy is great at cutting down palms in not so perfect places.  He is from California but I'm pretty sure if he was from Texas he would charge a pretty penny.

He is speaking spanish in the video.  Just saying.

I can’t watch the whole thing..., it’s just so sad! there are thousands of almost equally tall Washingtonia dead in Texas.

I am also nauseous around High heights. 

look how close mine are to house ( picture just prior to freeze by a couple days) and these Washingtonia are not even pure forms of Robusta, yet still dead. 

3D61B069-2367-4934-9DC9-4BC50084E516.jpeg

Edited by Collectorpalms