teddytn

Walking around the yard weeding and watering and thought I would share some of what I have growing. Needle palms, sabal minor mccurtain, sabal minor, sabal Birmingham, various opuntias, yucca rostratas. 

DADF2825-0BC7-4AD1-AC00-D88453C57280.jpeg

1EA71A0C-D692-499D-8295-7DF2782CCF33.jpeg

7826D0C3-E38B-4169-9C6C-C73A43AC2422.jpeg

B490341D-B489-49E1-9396-B2A65B844F85.jpeg

040079DF-8A25-4F74-B7ED-82E9C7F8AB72.jpeg

C61EEBE4-FABD-4539-AB78-C7DF81632E0E.jpeg

340AF18B-957E-4E76-97CE-21E52B0A9209.jpeg

C9551AD5-AF8C-4D19-82EC-8A4377C4FC8A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Reyes Vargas

What is that purple flower underneath the cactus?

teddytn
21 minutes ago, Reyes Vargas said:

What is that purple flower underneath the cactus?

It’s a purple creeping phlox 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• maskedmole
      By maskedmole
      So I'm running out of room. Does it matter if I plant a trachycarpus only a few feet away from a southern magnolia or a needle palm? Or will they fight to the death over nutrients/water/sunlight? Does spacing really matter all that much?
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      So is my Trachy a boy? Pictures aren’t that great but flowers are very yellow...still hoping to see a hermaphroditic flower spike since my other Trachy is very young, has years to go till it flowers and I have no idea if it’s male or female...I know that would be a very rare occurrence but that would be interesting...
    • teddytn
      By teddytn
      I remember seeing pictures of needle palms with a vertical solitary trunk and no lower fronds a long time ago. People were calling it a Bull needle. I’ve always been familiar with the “normal” clumping form which seems to grow wider with offsets as fast as it grows tall. I have one that’s been slow to grow period and only has a few small pups, but I don’t think is a “bull”. One normal clumping form and a small new clumping form. What’s everyone’s experience with the 2 different types? Let’s see them!!!
    • teddytn
      By teddytn
      Here’s all of them when I got them unloadedThis is a 7 gallon sabal minor, begging to get plantedHere’s 2 sabal Louisiana 3 gallon That’s a palmetto on the right, sabal Louisiana center, and sabal minor 3 gallon left.I’ve got 5 more sabal minors to plant, didn’t have all my spots ready for them and they needed to get up potted. Put them in deep 7 gallon pots, they are on the right. The smallest palm on the left is a sabal etonia, and the one to the right is a sabal mexicana. I didn’t really have a plan for those just couldn’t pass them up when I was at the nursery, they were in 1 gallon pots up potted them for now.

• GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Trachy pushing around 12-flower spikes this spring...I have no other Trachy’s of flower age yet so this is the only one in the immediate area...does the process of flowering sap energy from the palm that would otherwise be used to push fronds and height? Also, in the off-chance my Trachy is both sexes, should I just let the flower spikes form and see what happens? Last year was the first time it flowered but I hacked them off thinking they were a waste of time and energy for the poor, lonely Trachy, but wondering now what the chances are of it flowering with both parents in mind...most of the spike’s pods are beginning to burst out in flower while several others are just emerging about 2+ weeks behind the others...is that an indication of anything...suggestions or info.?