IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

RIP HRH Prince Phillip

sandgroper

Very sad news tonight with the passing of Prince Phillip. A remarkable man who had a remarkable life.

• Like 2

I wonder if that will hasten QE's abdication or will she hold on.

• Like 1

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

• 8 months later...

I had a humorous and bizarre incident involving Prince Philip and his youngest son, Prince Edward. I was a young lawyer and ran on a very tight schedule. At lunch time, I would race home and make a sandwich and race back to the office. You could allege high speed very aggressive driving. I was hungry and our dog needed attention.

One Noon, I had reached the point where I was ready to turn into the main road and begin the high speed assault to make it through the light. I noticed a black sedan speeding aggressively and threatening my ability to beat the soon to turn yellow light that was my daily nemesis. No way Jose. I floored it, skipped over the sidewalk but beat the moron to the light, which had turned red.

I looked into my mirror and saw what I assumed to be a jackass beating his stearing wheel. I was 30 and featured myself as a work out hot head dude, who was not beyond physical road rage. I started to open my door to discuss the situation with said jackass. 

As I opened my car door to communicate my dissatisfaction with said jackass, I noticed an azure Rolls of a quality that was a substantial upgrade from any of the regulars. My eyes went to the back seat of said Rolls, where two gentlemen were laughing hysterically at what they had witnessed. I then noticed a black sedan identical to my foe both in front and behind that azure Rolls. I then remembered something in the paper about said Princes in town for one of those phony fund raisers. I closed my door realizing I had cut off secret service in deliverance of said Princes to said phony fund raiser. The poor guy behind me was likely in trouble. I was lucky not to be DOA, shot dead on the spot by a 50 caliber something or other. I honestly felt bad and lucky and curtailed my aggressive high speed driving for at least two days.

Edited by bubba
Inarticulate statement
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What you look for is what is looking