• Similar Content

• Haddock
      By Haddock
      Out of all the coconut varieties in the world, which one would you say can handle cool temps for the longest?
    • TokyoShowdown
      By TokyoShowdown
      So a little over two years ago I was on Maui and was able to get a sprouted coconut (about 2 inches) back to my home in Montana. Last spring it grew large enough to hit my ceiling. I had a large LED grow light over it but once it grew large enough, it just shot fronds past it. Admitting it was likely the end, I put it outside during the summer. It survived, despite some of the fronds dried out from Montana's very dry climate near the mountains. However, its growth greatly slowed and I was able to bring it back in during the fall. Well, as summer approaches, the coconut palm is still alive. So basically, how long can I slow its growth without killing it? 
    • ammarrin
      By ammarrin
      Hello, I went to Egypt, Hurghada, I saw something what my eyes can’t believe. Is it Coconut? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello everyone, I was looking at an app called iNaturalist, which is an app that lets you post and look at observations of plants and animals around the world, and I typed in Cocos nucifera and found this post in northern Morocco by the Mediterranean Sea. Does anyone know any information about this? I thought that it would be too cool in the winter for them there. 

• graupel
      By graupel
      Hi everybody!
      I have a serious problem with germination of the coconuts. Many coconuts start to rot during the germination (some seedlings survive only). The surface of the coconuts and the embryo are covered with the white fuzzy / powder mold. I realize that the germination of the coconuts from the supermarkets is often associated with a high risk of failure, but if it is possible, I would at least want to minimize the formation of the molds on the coconuts. Since I grow the coconut palms indoor (I have a large south window where I grow my coconut palms for several years), I would like to use some natural (not chemical) fungicides. So far, I've only tried potassium permanganate, but it didn't help. What other natural fungicide do you recommend? I read on the internet that some natural products can be effective, such as: cinnamon, hydrogen peroxide, ethanol (short-term action only), seasalt water (coconut palms tolerate it highly), baking soda and liquid grapefruit seed extract (GSE). At the moment I don't have the opportunity to experiment with all the possibilities, so to make my situation easier, I want to ask you: Which natural product has the best fungicidal effects to kill the white fuzzy / powder molds?
      Thank you!
      Sincerely,
      Miroslav