IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Adonidia Seeds

Johnny Palmseed

43 minutes ago, Johnny Palmseed said:

You pay for shipping only unless you have a nice trade offer. US only.

11C8525A-FE56-4850-9D41-64961F4709A0.jpeg

Pm sent

I know these are pretty generic around here but I didn’t get much interest. Going in the garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Johnny,

If you posted to Australia I would take them

cheers Mandurah Brad

• Upvote 1

I threw them out since I wasn’t going to clean them unless I got a quick response. Rotting palm seeds and marriage don’t mix well.

Johnny,

Thank you for this kind offer. I know this may be "ho-hum" to palm growers, but I enjoyed growing a batch of these a couple of years back. If you end up with some more seeds, I'd be interested in some. 

Best, Jude 

• 2 weeks later...

@The Silent Seed

Hello Jude,

I offer seeds of various types when available. I put them on here for free since I’m not an IPS member (required to post in for sale section) and I don’t have PayPal. I should have more things in the future but the adonidias were from a neighbor who hadn’t gotten around to trimming the seeds off like they normally do. I offered to do it for them if they wanted them gone. I didn’t have any interest and they were starting to rot so I pitched them. I should have Thrinax Radiata, Pseudophoenix Sargentii, Veitchia Joannis and Leucothrinax Morrisii this year. Look for the posts and send a PM. I will be happy to send you some.

Regards,

John

• Like 2

Hi John,

That sounds good, thank you, I appreciate your kindness and look forward to when I might be able to return the favor. 

I will be on the lookout for your posts. Thank you! 

Jude 

1 hour ago, Johnny Palmseed said:

I don’t have PayPal

Hello John,

Do you mind if I ask why you don't have PayPal?  It's a great service that they offer.  You get the money immediately.

No I don’t mind. I have never needed it before as I don’t use eBay and I don’t have enough palm seeds to sell to bother. Although, I might be forced to sign up since it does limit me on some purchases. I don’t really want any more things to keep track of in my life. Also, giving out my personal info to another company is not in my best interest. We have already been identity theft victims and it sucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like you have access to some great seeding plants.  In my area, V. merrillii has to be the most popular palm.  I’ve got about a dozen bordering my property from neighbors on all sides.  They seed profusely and constantly, and since they are all planted in triples and quads, they grow at angles, overhanging everything, and drop pounds of seeds and flowers, all over stuff you don’t want them to.  I cut the spathes off, and a week later new ones pop up.   They are unstoppable with no care around here.  

• Like 1

@Looking Glass LOL Yes that is the case. They are everywhere now even though they don't look great after a significant winter like we just had. I actually don't have any that I have planted but I got some that popped up from animal transport. I have Veitchia Joannis that I got as a triple but died off to a single. It flowers profusely as well and I have some seedlings that sprouted easily. I actually prefer their look over Merrillii and will probably remove the adonidias before they get much larger. The other plants I listed are all mine and have been seeding for a few years now so I have faith that they are viable. I have some Carpoxylon I got from Bill Austins offering recently and they all popped! I don't need/want 20+ plants so I am offering some in another thread for free.

• 4 weeks later...

How kind of you to offer freed seeds!

I have an acre of barren property out by the delta water ways in zone 9b im trying to reforest. 

If you ever have any seeds your looking to get rid of to save your marriage ;) 

I would gladly take them off your hands. 

EJ 

On 6/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, EJ;) said:

How kind of you to offer freed seeds!

I have an acre of barren property out by the delta water ways in zone 9b im trying to reforest. 

If you ever have any seeds your looking to get rid of to save your marriage ;) 

I would gladly take them off your hands. 

EJ 

I don’t have anything right now but check the forum regularly and I will post again when I have stuff. I expect to have Veitchia Joannis and Thrinax Radiata in the next few months. My Pseudophoenix seeds ripen in the winter and I usually have quite a few but I have not had great success with them. My Leucothrinax Morrisii has been producing as well but I have not had any luck with these. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Palmseed said:

I don’t have anything right now but check the forum regularly and I will post again when I have stuff. I expect to have Veitchia Joannis and Thrinax Radiata in the next few months. My Pseudophoenix seeds ripen in the winter and I usually have quite a few but I have not had great success with them. My Leucothrinax Morrisii has been producing as well but I have not had any luck with these. 

Thank you Johnny....

I will keep checking back !