Love them palms

JUBAEA X QUEEN. who has them?

JohnAndSancho
23 hours ago, Matt N- Dallas said:

The second pic is when I received this Butia x Lytocaryum w. as a seedling in April of 2015.  

I'm sold. I sent an email this morning. Hopefully I'll have one of these on my patio in a couple weeks. A fat trunked Lyto just seems awesome to me. 

Ben in Norcal
13 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

I'm sold. I sent an email this morning. Hopefully I'll have one of these on my patio in a couple weeks. A fat trunked Lyto just seems awesome to me. 

These look much more like a thin trunked Butia, but still worth having in colder climates!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho
3 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

These look much more like a thin trunked Butia, but still worth having in colder climates!

I placed my order this morning. :greenthumb:

• Like 1

Collectorpalms
2 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Did you order from Patric? I sent two emails this month and got no response, do you mind PM to confirm his email has not changed? Or did you have a phone # etc.. thanks in advance.

JohnAndSancho
2 minutes ago, Collectorpalms said:

Did you order from Patric? I sent two emails this month and got no response, do you mind PM to confirm his email has not changed? Or did you have a phone # etc.. thanks in advance.

Just an email. Pm sent. 

Love them palms
6 minutes ago, Collectorpalms said:

Try coolhybrids@yahoo.com. its the one I always use 

OC2Texaspalmlvr
1 hour ago, JohnAndSancho said:

What size did you get ? I bought his 8x12 size and it's a beaut.

T J 

16179203077963613603157258534340.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

JohnAndSancho
2 minutes ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

T J 

I just bought a band size. Until I get a bigger place to live, I'm short on space. My staff at work has already dubbed my office "The Green Room," my patio is full, and my apartment gets little to no natural light. 

Currently looking at shelves for the office and more grow lights for the apartment :floor:

• Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho
On 4/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

T J 

Planning to plop it into a 2gal pot and amend the soil with bark and turface. Sound like a good idea? 

Collectorpalms
38 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Planning to plop it into a 2gal pot and amend the soil with bark and turface. Sound like a good idea? 

I don’t know enough about soil for indoor palms. I just know that in Texas, we do not need well draining soil for palms for pot culture. The more water retention the better if you don’t want to hand water twice a day June through end of September. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho
10 minutes ago, Collectorpalms said:

I don’t know enough about soil for indoor palms. I just know that in Texas, we do not need well draining soil for palms for pot culture. The more water retention the better if you don’t want to hand water twice a day June through end of September. 

Good to know. I do use the well draining stuff in my Lytos, but I did finally decide to just buy a $5 bag of cheap soil instead of paying $30 for stuff with cooler labels.