IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Stupid forum ads.

Laaz

I get lots of ads for engagement rings for some reason. I'm very single, I live alone, and I've got 0% desire to even think about a relationship, let alone spend a months salary on a ring for someone else. *shrugs* 

I also get lots of ads trying to get me to rejoin Facebook and that's even less appealing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laaz said:

Screenshot_20210404-142934_Chrome.jpg

The heck? :hmm:   :floor:       

Don't even pay attention to any ads that show up. Ad blocker gets rid of 'em quickly anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, amh said:

I'm at a loss as to what this amazing invention is for.

..A giant straw,  for a mega giant Pina Colada, lol..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

..A giant straw,  for a mega giant Pina Colada, lol..

So, its not for intubation?

• Upvote 1

& my face happens to be right underneath it.. :bemused:

• Like 1

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

7 minutes ago, James760 said:

& my face happens to be right underneath it.. :bemused:

There's no such thing as bad publicity. :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:floor:

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

Evidently it’s a Japanese exercise mouthpiece:

8BC05807-750A-4563-8F3B-CBB8303BC90E.jpeg.5dffb3db0fea94d12d86cca2a890fefb.jpeg

@PALM MOD, how much commission do you get for selling these things? :P:floor:

Only joking of course, he’s got no control over what ads are selected. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

"Thank god for that tiny, perverted, technologically advanced nation!"

Dale Gribble

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, amh said:

regardless, it will be discreetly mailed to your house in a plain brown package.

28 minutes ago, amh said:

"Thank god for that tiny, perverted, technologically advanced nation!"

Dale Gribble

Bet its a popular product in the " Bible Belt " :floor:

• Upvote 2

On 4/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, Laaz said:

What is with these stupid ads always popping up on this forum?

Ads are one of the ways helping to allow for the continued open and free use of PalmTalk.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Well, I doubt many people here are going to go for this click bate. I just saw your notification of a response & guess what popped up on this thread...  Sorry, adblock for this site from now on...

Screenshot_20210405-151253_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Laaz said:

Well, I doubt many people here are going to go for this click bate. I just saw your notification of a response & guess what popped up on this thread...  Sorry, adblock for this site from now on...

Screenshot_20210405-151253_Chrome.jpg

Can the ads be that bad?

This particular one has resulted in a nice humorous thread.

• Upvote 2

Using the Brave browser allows you to block these scripts & ads without using any other software. Just enabled script blocks & all ads are gone. Just a heads up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laaz said:

Using the Brave browser allows you to block these scripts & ads without using any other software. Just enabled script blocks & all ads are gone. Just a heads up.

Brave is probably the best browser out there right now. :greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Reyes Vargas said:

This is my favorite.

Screenshot_2021-04-06-19-28-09-1.png

@PALM MOD Ads are an important form of revenue and yes, Brave Browser blocks them,  but if you were set up to receive the BAT token as a tip from Brave, I would certainly tip this site with the token.

• Like 1

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

In all seriousness, if ads are being served for completely irrelevant products like Japanese lip exercisers that might be a red flag. If this website makes money from ad impressions it’s not a problem, but if it’s clicks or actions then relevant ads need to be getting served for the ads to generate any revenue. 

For anyone concerned about what ads Google is serving to you (based on your browsing history) - click on the "x" in the upper right corner of the ad for more information about why this ad was served to you and how to configure any future ads to be more to your liking or relevance. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

On 4/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, Laaz said:

What is with these stupid ads always popping up on this forum?

Screenshot_20210404-142934_Chrome.jpg

It's a device for helping one keep their mouths open during strenuous activities. Act now and they'll send you a 2nd device absolutely free. Any guesses where that one goes?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gonzer said:

It's a device for helping one keep their mouths open during strenuous activities. Act now and they'll send you a 2nd device absolutely free. Any guesses where that one goes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Saw this ad and thought about this thread from a long time ago.
image.thumb.png.3bb475797d0a16d501f456627830fbde.png

• Like 1

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

2 hours ago, JLM said:

Saw this ad and thought about this thread from a long time ago.
image.thumb.png.3bb475797d0a16d501f456627830fbde.png

In the north pole, how many rooms are there to turn? I sure would like to turn one :mrlooney:

7 hours ago, spike said:

In the north pole, how many rooms are there to turn? I sure would like to turn one :mrlooney:

Today i have carmax ads which isnt terrible, but man im just as curious as you lol

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

• 3 months later...

image.thumb.png.50b832dffee0d527dcaa7547c0c82868.png