Sign in to follow this  
JohnAndSancho

MLB 2021 Thread

JohnAndSancho

Baseball's back, and I know a handful of us are sports fans. Who's your team and why? 

I'm a diehard Cubs fan going back 25 years or so. I used to spend the summers with my grandfather in Mississippi, and he'd fall asleep in his recliner watching baseball every day. The Cubs didn't have lights in their stadium until 1988, so every game was a day game. Harry Caray and Steve Stone were the broadcasters, and Harry wasn't always sober. They were calling a game from the Wrigley Field bleachers in the middle of a brutal heat wave, and he said "The only thing hotter than the temperatures on the field is my Budweiser." 

My little apartment is an absolute shrine to the Cubs, and while I've never been to Wrigley Field I've gone to games in Houston and Tampa Bay. Some of my palms are named after Cubs players. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to an amazing season and I hope your teams do well - unless you're a Cardinals or Brewers fan :floor:

• Like 1

Gonzer

Well, I was waiting for opening day also but then, just like football and basketball, politics had to get involved. So screw 'em, I am so sick of this crap. Sports are supposed to be ENTERTAINMENT!

Bill H2DB

I'm a Baseball fan from way back.  Raised in a baseball family , dad played pro ball in the late 30's - early 40's .

Pittsburgh Pirates as my favorite , but the game itself is the reward . 

I buy the MLB package on the Cable each year . 

As Bob Walk says :  Ban the DH !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Butch

DODGERS for the repeat!!!... And I agree about the DH...

Butch

• Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho

Waited a while to break this out 

20210521_191519.jpg

• Like 1