IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Prinpalms

OKAY, THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM A RECENT (GOT BACK YESTERDAY NIGHT!) TRIP TO GUYANA. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO THIS LARGE (SAME SIZE AS Great Britain) ENGLISH-SPEAKING South American NATION, THE FORMER British Guiana. THE PHOTOS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. A BIFID SMALL-MIDSIZED BACTRIS (?SP?, A SOCRATEA, A GRACEFUL GEONOMA, A SMALL MAURITIA FLEXUOSA (ABUNDANT NATIONWIDE IN WET SETTINGS), A FOREST ASTROCARYUM, EUTERPE EDULIS THE ASSAI (THINK HEALTHY DRINKS & HEARTS OF PALM) ALSO ABUNDANT, ATTALEAS, AND MORE. THE HELICONIA IS FOR COLOR. THE ROAD LEADS TO THE DRIER RUPUNUNI SAVANNA. MORE TO COME. I HOPE THESE PIX ARE ENJOYED!

IMG_2591.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2627.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2668.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2643.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Wow! Some amazing palms!! Thanks for posting. I never knew Guayana was English speaking. Now I know.