JohnAndSancho

I gave Phil at Jungle Music (and UPS :floor:) a chunk of my stimulus check. 

C. Benzii, C. Plumosa, and another Kentia that def needs to be repotted and was way bigger than Phil told me over the phone. 

Pretty sure my apartment manager is gonna send me a nastygram email, and now I really need to get off my culo and repot some things so I can give them away. 

Message_1617312810274.jpg

Message_1617326679284.jpg

Message_1617325900489.jpg

Message_1617326646373.jpg

Message_1617328648683.jpg

• Like 5

JohnAndSancho

Also, shot in the dark/newbie question but can anyone look at the inflourescence on the Benzii and tell me its gender from that pic?

JohnAndSancho

Daytime pics. Still curious about inflourescence and seeds. Plants from Phil at Jungle Music. C. Benzeii and c. Plumosa. 

Message_1617579023384.jpg

Message_1617578952516.jpg

Message_1617578973189.jpg

• Like 2

OC2Texaspalmlvr

Nice haul !!! Chamaedorea is always a great pic for palms destined for container life haha I picked up C.Mettalica multi from @Phillast =) 

20210328_143953.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Collectorpalms
6 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Daytime pics. Still curious about inflourescence and seeds. Plants from Phil at Jungle Music. C. Benzeii and c. Plumosa. 

Message_1617579023384.jpg

Message_1617578952516.jpg

Message_1617578973189.jpg

They look female, if they fall off they were not pollinated. If they turn orange, please share some with me. Lol 

• Upvote 1

Collectorpalms
4 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Nice haul !!! Chamaedorea is always a great pic for palms destined for container life haha I picked up C.Mettalica multi from @Phillast =) 

20210328_143953.jpg

How much do these run? I have always liked them but never purchased them.

Edited by Collectorpalms
  • Like 1

Keys6505
6 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

How much do these run? I have always liked them but never purchased them.

If you're ever in the Houston area (Santa Fe) Jimbo's has them.  I can't remember how much but nothing at Jimbo's is expensive.

Collectorpalms
3 hours ago, Keys6505 said:

If you're ever in the Houston area (Santa Fe) Jimbo's has them.  I can't remember how much but nothing at Jimbo's is expensive.

Thanks. I’ll add Jimbos to my must check out  nursery.

OC2Texaspalmlvr
2 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

Thanks. I’ll add Jimbos to my must check out  nursery.

Yes I was just at Jimbos this weekend and he still had 2 7gal palms left which I believe were 50$ Much larger then the ones I got from JM. I believe I paid 65$ plus shipping, so somewhere around 100$ or so to get them shipped from JM These are hands down my favorite Chamaedorea until they get real tall and lanky =) 

T J 

JohnAndSancho
19 hours ago, Collectorpalms said:

They look female, if they fall off they were not pollinated. If they turn orange, please share some with me. Lol 

:greenthumb: you got it. 

JohnAndSancho
On 4/5/2021 at 12:46 AM, Collectorpalms said:

Look promising?

Message_1618519909010.jpg