Sign in to follow this  
Will Simpson

US Soil temperatures as of 3/31/2021

Will Simpson

Today's soil temperatures . I'm almost ready for tomatoes since I'm in the 58F area of the map , but I've got to get through   2 nights of upper 20'sF lol . Damn , I wish it weren't going to get that cold . My Citrumelo is  sprouting growth  which could zap my citrumelo crop for this fall . 

Will

showmap.jsp-2.gif.b6d4268c3c736bbbc5afb57be14e176a.gif

Edited by Will Simpson

Silas_Sancona
2 hours ago, Will Simpson said:

Today's soil temperatures . I'm almost ready for tomatoes since I'm in the 58F area of the map , but I've got to get through   2 nights of upper 20'sF lol . Damn , I wish it weren't going to get that cold . My Citrumelo is  sprouting growth  which could zap my citrumelo crop for this fall . 

Will

showmap.jsp-2.gif.b6d4268c3c736bbbc5afb57be14e176a.gif

That map is quite inaccurate, at least for the Southwest US.  Soil Temps. here ( down to 4" ) are currently in the low 90's, w/ a 5 day average of 70.6F. ( Data is from GreenCast / Syngenta's soil temperature tool ) Soil Temps. in both Los Angeles and San Diego are currently running around the same temperature ( low 90s ), though their 5 day average is in the 60's

• Like 1