Sign in to follow this  
Keys6505

Any good palm nurseries in Orlando area?

Keys6505

I'm going to be driving from Houston to the Orlando area next week and spending a few days near the villages and a few days in orlando.  Any good nurseries around those parts that sell unique palms?  I'd be looking for smaller sizes (1-5gal-ish) so I don't have to choose between bringing home my kids or a palm tree.  Thanks

Reeverse

MB palms 

• Like 1

Merlyn

Lukas in Oveido has a reasonable selection, but are pretty expensive.  They had Areca Catechu dwarfs there the last time I stopped by.  I picked up a $30 3g Pandanus Utilis at the time.  There's nothing that I would consider to be rare in this area except a Cyrtostachys Renda in the greenhouse...not for sale!

MB Palms is not a retail nursery, but he does sell to the local enthusiasts.  It's more of a know-what-you-want, pay in cash place.  He's got a business to run, so be respectful of his time.  I've gotten quite a few great palms from him.

• Upvote 2

palmsOrl

Last time I was there about three weeks ago, they did have Cyrtostachys renda for sale, about 2 feet tall, $159.

• Like 1

Keys6505
5 hours ago, Merlyn said:

Lukas in Oveido has a reasonable selection, but are pretty expensive. 

I googled this place and looks like they have a butterfly house?  I have 2 and 3 year old daughters, this will be the first time ever we go palm shopping and everybody is happy... well maybe not the wife depending on what I find ...  Thanks for the recommendation.

Merlyn
22 minutes ago, Keys6505 said:

I googled this place and looks like they have a butterfly house?  I have 2 and 3 year old daughters, this will be the first time ever we go palm shopping and everybody is happy... well maybe not the wife depending on what I find ...  Thanks for the recommendation.

Yes, they have a butterfly house.  I haven't been inside it, so I have no idea what it is like.  They have 15g and bigger Arenga Engleri pots behind the greenhouse, if the kids decide they like the butterflies too much and don't want to come home with you! :D

donalt

MB Palms has an amazing collection of palms in various sizes. Located just south of Orlando International Airport.

Keys6505

I reached out to MB but haven't heard back.  I checked out Lukas but their prices are pretty crazy.  I'm heading out tomorrow, any last minute suggestions that I can hit on my way out of town?  Not necessarily looking for anything super exotic, just some zone-push stuff I can't get around Houston.... A. Engleri, P. Reclinata, C. Alba, stuff like that.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1