Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Carpoxylon macrospermum 1g seedlings

PalmatierMeg

I have approx. 40-50 1g Carpoxylon macrospermum seedlings for sale. I germinated them nearly a year ago and they have lived outdoors ever since, even through winter. Some lived on the back lanai, others in jungle shade and others on the sun patio. None were protected, artificially heated or moved indoors and the vast majority survived a coolish, overcast winter and lows down to the low 40s with no damage. In March I moved the pots on the sun patio into shade because the sun would soon become too strong for them. Each seedling is ~12" tall and most are starting a second bifid. Read about this species here:

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Carpoxylon_macrospermum

A few things I have learned from experience:

1. Despite their large size and apparent toughness, Carpoxylon are tropical palms and can be tricky when young. Make sure you pot them in a loose draining mix and water judiciously. Give them lots of light but no summer sun. Don't expose them to drying winds.

2. Don't rush to stick them in the ground. This is a palm that needs some size before you turn it loose in the world. Take the time to grow it. I killed two before another PTer warned me they needed to be nearly 15g before planting. I planted my one survivor from a 10g.

3. Do not expose a young Carpoxylon to full year round sun, esp. in FL and inland CA. They will cook to death. This is an emergent palm. I planted mine under partial canopy on the hill overlooking our canal.

If you want to grow one yourself, now is your chance.

Carpoxylon macrospermum, 1g seedlings: $10.00 each    LIMIT = 5    

Shipping = $15.00 via Priority Rate Mail for up to 5. No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI. No shipping to post boxes

Seedlings will be shipped without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

Payment via Paypal. Please, no personal checks

PM me if you are interested.

Photos

Carpoxylon Seedlings

1447175153_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0103-27-21.thumb.JPG.e6222b5b9be980a2f9ff4de6555f18f3.JPG28034169_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0203-27-21.thumb.JPG.b6cdf2f29185c5f0131bd715b34cd5f7.JPG306470373_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0303-27-21.thumb.JPG.73fe1b3740c6c13fdbc4ca319c86ea67.JPG

My juvenile Carpoxylon (not the mother)

687108477_Carpoxylonmacrospermum0103-27-21.thumb.JPG.ec28fa57dd2a0120578706588c13d4d8.JPG

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Well, I guess Carpoxylon is not in demand like I hoped it was. But I need to reduce my supply of seedlings for health reasons and I can't keep them all. So, I'm making some changes in the sale.

1.  Price per seedling reduced to: $8.00 each

2.  No purchase limits. If you want to make a bulk purchase, contact me and let's talk.

3. Shipping reduced to $10.00 for one or two seedlings. Shipping for more than 2, let's talk. Be aware shipping costs to CA from FL have become outrageous and I have little room to negotiate. But USPS has a Priority Rate Large Game Box and I can ship dozens of Carpoxylon seedlings in that for $25.00.

NickJames
On 3/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, PalmatierMeg said:

Well, I guess Carpoxylon is not in demand like I hoped it was. But I need to reduce my supply of seedlings for health reasons and I can't keep them all. So, I'm making some changes in the sale.

1.  Price per seedling reduced to: $8.00 each

2.  No purchase limits. If you want to make a bulk purchase, contact me and let's talk.

3. Shipping reduced to $10.00 for one or two seedlings. Shipping for more than 2, let's talk. Be aware shipping costs to CA from FL have become outrageous and I have little room to negotiate. But USPS has a Priority Rate Large Game Box and I can ship dozens of Carpoxylon seedlings in that for $25.00.

Messaged you :) 

• Like 1

Ka'ula

Do you have any more of the Carpoxylon macrospermum?  If so I’d like to purchase 3-4.  Thank you Fred in Carlsbad, Ca feel free to text me as well 760-583-6747

PalmatierMeg

Sorry, I do not

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      This true-from-seed mutation of the normally common Golden Cane Palm came to the attention of PalmTalk during the 2016 Biennial in Thailand where this mutation originated. I bought 10 seeds from RPS the following year or so and currently have four extra seedlings that need new homes. These seedlings were agonizingly slow growing compared to the standard golden cane and these are four years old. They do germinate true from seed as RPS claims so maybe in the future this Fused Leaf Form will become more easily available. See info below:
      https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/dypsis-lutescens-fused-leaf
      Dypsis lutescens Fused Leaf Form: $20.00 each (4 available)
            OR
      Take all four seedlings @ $75.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $12.00   via Priority Mail          No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seedlings you want and I will respond with a quote. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For Sale:
      LOT #1: Five (5) 1g size 2-year-old Chamaedorea geoniformis seedlings @ $7.00 each = $35.00
                Shipping for 1g = $15.00  via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil
                TOTAL for 1g = $50.00
      LOT #2: Five (5) 4"-pot size 1-year-old Chamaedorea geoniformis seedlings @ $4.00 each = $20.00
               Shipping for 4" size = $12.00 via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil
               TOTAL for 4" size = $32.00
                              OR
      One Buyer takes both Lots for $50.00 + $17.00 shipping = $67.00
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos
      Chamaedorea geoniformis, 1g x5

Chamaedorea geoniformis, 4" pots x5

• TomJ
      By TomJ
      Carpoxylon macrospermum    Looking for large 3gl or up.
      Can pay shipping.
      TOM
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      This tall, solitary Chamaedorea is native to rainforests of Mexico. It can reach up to 12' tall with a prominently ringed 1" diameter stem and green crownshaft. What immediately drew me to this elegant beauty was its crown of puckered leaves. It grows very well in SFL but my research indicates this species also does well in CA. I bought one female from Jeff Searle years ago and planted her in my backyard jungle where she has grown but produces crops of infertile seeds because I could not find a male palm. Over a year ago I germinated seeds of this species in hope of growing both sexes. After I set aside the plants I intend to keep, I have four that need new homes. I am offering two options for buyers.
      Seedlings are currently in 1g pots. They range between 12-14" tall and 14-15" tall and are going pinnate.
      OPTION 1 - Two Lots of two palms each
      Price per palm = $12.00 ($24.00 per Lot)
      OPTION 2 - One Lot of four palms
      Price per palm = $10.00 ($40.00 per Lot)
      Shipping = $12.00 for both Options. Palms will be sent without soil and pots and roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      Payment via Paypal
      No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI.
      Please PM me if you are interested.
      Photos 1-7  are of the seedlings for sale.  Photos 7-11 are of my female C. klotzschiana (not the mother palm)

• PalmMom007
      By PalmMom007
      1g Pritchardia Pacifica
      $20 per seedling
      shipping included in price! 

Thanks!