IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Carpoxylon macrospermum 1g seedlings

PalmatierMeg

I have approx. 40-50 1g Carpoxylon macrospermum seedlings for sale. I germinated them nearly a year ago and they have lived outdoors ever since, even through winter. Some lived on the back lanai, others in jungle shade and others on the sun patio. None were protected, artificially heated or moved indoors and the vast majority survived a coolish, overcast winter and lows down to the low 40s with no damage. In March I moved the pots on the sun patio into shade because the sun would soon become too strong for them. Each seedling is ~12" tall and most are starting a second bifid. Read about this species here:

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Carpoxylon_macrospermum

A few things I have learned from experience:

1. Despite their large size and apparent toughness, Carpoxylon are tropical palms and can be tricky when young. Make sure you pot them in a loose draining mix and water judiciously. Give them lots of light but no summer sun. Don't expose them to drying winds.

2. Don't rush to stick them in the ground. This is a palm that needs some size before you turn it loose in the world. Take the time to grow it. I killed two before another PTer warned me they needed to be nearly 15g before planting. I planted my one survivor from a 10g.

3. Do not expose a young Carpoxylon to full year round sun, esp. in FL and inland CA. They will cook to death. This is an emergent palm. I planted mine under partial canopy on the hill overlooking our canal.

If you want to grow one yourself, now is your chance.

Carpoxylon macrospermum, 1g seedlings: $10.00 each    LIMIT = 5    

Shipping = $15.00 via Priority Rate Mail for up to 5. No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI. No shipping to post boxes

Seedlings will be shipped without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

Payment via Paypal. Please, no personal checks

PM me if you are interested.

Photos

Carpoxylon Seedlings

1447175153_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0103-27-21.thumb.JPG.e6222b5b9be980a2f9ff4de6555f18f3.JPG28034169_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0203-27-21.thumb.JPG.b6cdf2f29185c5f0131bd715b34cd5f7.JPG306470373_Carpoxylonmacrospermumseedlings0303-27-21.thumb.JPG.73fe1b3740c6c13fdbc4ca319c86ea67.JPG

My juvenile Carpoxylon (not the mother)

687108477_Carpoxylonmacrospermum0103-27-21.thumb.JPG.ec28fa57dd2a0120578706588c13d4d8.JPG

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Well, I guess Carpoxylon is not in demand like I hoped it was. But I need to reduce my supply of seedlings for health reasons and I can't keep them all. So, I'm making some changes in the sale.

1.  Price per seedling reduced to: $8.00 each

2.  No purchase limits. If you want to make a bulk purchase, contact me and let's talk.

3. Shipping reduced to $10.00 for one or two seedlings. Shipping for more than 2, let's talk. Be aware shipping costs to CA from FL have become outrageous and I have little room to negotiate. But USPS has a Priority Rate Large Game Box and I can ship dozens of Carpoxylon seedlings in that for $25.00.

Meg

Florida

On 3/30/2021 at 6:23 PM, PalmatierMeg said:

Well, I guess Carpoxylon is not in demand like I hoped it was. But I need to reduce my supply of seedlings for health reasons and I can't keep them all. So, I'm making some changes in the sale.

1.  Price per seedling reduced to: $8.00 each

2.  No purchase limits. If you want to make a bulk purchase, contact me and let's talk.

3. Shipping reduced to $10.00 for one or two seedlings. Shipping for more than 2, let's talk. Be aware shipping costs to CA from FL have become outrageous and I have little room to negotiate. But USPS has a Priority Rate Large Game Box and I can ship dozens of Carpoxylon seedlings in that for $25.00.

Messaged you :) 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Do you have any more of the Carpoxylon macrospermum?  If so I’d like to purchase 3-4.  Thank you Fred in Carlsbad, Ca feel free to text me as well 760-583-6747

Sorry, I do not

Meg

Florida