• Similar Content

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I pulled some of the purple seeds off my Burretiokentia hapala, cleaned them and dropped them in a zip lock baggy with some damp perlite and sphagnum moss.  I'm using a little heat, wrapping the bag in foil and leaving it on top of my water heater).  I'm curious what typical sprouting time is on this species if anyone has used this technique with this species. 

• parsons acre
      By parsons acre
      Hey eveyrone.. NW Piedmont NC here with a yard full of yet to be identified Sabals that have been growing on their own.. with no assistance whatsoever and have 'naturalized' or that is the term the Ag 
      Agency uses.. anyway... I am thinking about selling some seeds online this year since they come up everyewhere cracks in sidewalks, downspouts.. all over the lawn.. along the creek,, point is they are super hardy thing is i do not know when or how to start collecting some of them. thanks
    • UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      So I am currently on the Isle of Wight, just off the south coast of England. You can cross over from Portsmouth on the ferry, which takes about 30 minutes. The island is a palm paradise in general, but the southeastern portion is almost like a mini Califronia. I will let the photos do the talking. All these CIDP and Washingtonia were planted tiny about 10-15 years ago now.

I'll start with the Trachycarpus Fortunei...

Phoenix Canariensis...

Brahea Edulus...

Brahea Armata...

Going in heavy with the Washingtonia now. Excuse the sun in my eyes...

There were several Jubaea Chilensis planted out...

Butia Odorata...

Chamaerops Humilis...

Musa Basjoo...

Cycas Revoluta...

About a mile down the road we sat down to have lunch, as dolphin pods jumped out of the water while we ate...

Off the coast of Niton, right next to the spot we ate at, I spotted a Washingtonia in a back yard. Unfortunately the garden was not really accessible to get photos, so I unlawfully hopped the fence to get some shots. Not really being one to follow rules, I am certainly glad I went over, since it turns out there were two Washies in that back yard...

Massive palm updates from the Isle of Wight coming. I have barely scratched the surface here...

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      Good afternoon! 
      Today I saw a Variegated Washingtonia in Tempe Arizona, in front of someone’s business. First one I’ve seen in person randomly around. Enjoy.

• Will
      By Will
      Hey,
      I planted some Sabal minor and Jubaea chilensis seeds around 2 months ago. They havent germinated yet, thats why I would like to ask if I did something wrong. Is it the way I try to germinate them? Maybe the moisture in the box? Do they need light to germinate?
      So many questions