• Similar Content

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      Two of my top of the list plants in the garden are in close proximity and this spring it has been a race between them and I know what I want to happen.  Above we have the Dypsis prestoniana pushing out an ever larger flower spathe which will eventually open and rain down seeds.  Below is one of my favorite Encephalartos in the garden which has been pushing out a flush.  I want the flush hardened off before the flower spathe opens in the middle of the night and drops the sheath on it.  I think I'm ok on the seeds raining down much later, as the flush will most certainly be hardened off by then.  I've been tracking the pair for a while now, with 3 photos roughly a week apart of the cycad flush and the inflo shot of the Dypsis prestoniana showing overhead photographed last night... which will win?
      Ever have a pair of favorites competing with one potentially dropping something on the other?

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      At minute 13:43 there appears to be the fallen fronds of a royal palm. I saw nothing like that throughout the gentleman’s walk through the swamp until that point. Does anyone have any idea where this might be?

• James760
      By James760
      Availability list & Prices
      *PALMS*
      Serenoa Repens (blue)  $15
      Acoelorrhaphe Wrightii  $15
      Sabal Causiarum  $7
      Sabal Maritima   $7
      Sabal Etonia  $5
      Sabal Minor Emerald Island Giant  $5
      Livistona Alfredii  $7
      *CYCAS*
      Cycas Guizhouensis  $25
      *ENCEPHALARTOS *
      Enc. Lehmannii  $25
      Enc. Trispinosus  $25
      Enc. Longifolius (blue)  $25
      Enc. Longifolius x Princeps  $30
      Enc. Eugene-Maraisii  $40
      Enc. Msinganus  $20
      *SHIPPING * No international shipping. Lower 48 only.  Usps priority shipping. Shipping starts off @ $10.00.  & varies depending on amount of plants & which ones. ( example,  I can fit a ton of Sabals, Blue Encephalartos, Livistona in 1 box bare root which will be $10.00) Cycas Guizhouensis are bigger & heavier so multiples of those will be more shipping.  PM me for more details & questions. 
      Note: I can only shipping Thursday's & Fridays. 

Serenoa Repens blue (Greenhouse grown, acclimate accordingly)

Here's mine.. I planted one out 2 years ago & is getting a bit more silvery blue.

Acoelorrhaphe Wrightii (Greenhouse grown, acclimate accordingly )

Sabal Causiarum ( 4-5 leaves) 

Sabal Maritima ( 3-5 leaves)

Sabal Etonia ( 2 leaves)

Sabal minor Emerald Island Giant ( 2 leaves)

Livistona Alfredii (2 leaves)

Cycas Guizhouensis- These are HUGE! Busting out of the liners. These need to be potted up to 5 gallon pots or planted. Acclimate them before planting in sun. (Greenhouse grown)

Planted straight to a 5 gallon pot. 2" caudex on this one!

Encephalartos Msinganus 
      Encephalartos Longifolius (Blue), Lehmannii, Trispinosus, & Longifolius( Blue) x Princeps are all 2-3 leaves

Encephalartos Eugene-Maraisii (1leafer)

• Mr.Piriyakul
      By Mr.Piriyakul
      Hello All,
      I really appreciate all the help I've been given on this forum. I'd also would like to know if my Dioon Spinulosa is ready to flush? The fur make me think it is. Plus should I repot my guy or wait until the flush? I'm thinking a nice 10g because its in its 7g nursery pot I bought it in. Thank You!
    • Mr.Piriyakul
      By Mr.Piriyakul
      Hey everyone, 
      I know I pretty back to back, but I just trimmed my coonties because I think scale is starting to die back from a months long battle with the pests. I sprayed neem and scale specific oils for a month, daily.  The plant was still healthy and a hard cortex gave me some hope for a bounce back. I picked scale from the cortex with my girlfriend. I hope you can give me advice on if the scale will die back and leave totally with continued treatment, plus ground coffee. I know its not proven but why not try. Will the flush come back ? Did I do a dumb thing?