Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Satakentia liukiuensis Seedlings 9-12 months old

PalmatierMeg

Satakentia liukiuensis was recently rated one of the top landscape palms for SFL. But it is very difficult to find even at specialty nurseries and impossible BB garden centers. I currently have 3 growing in my back yard jungle but had problems with them in the past. My advice is DO NOT be in a rush to stick it in the ground. Take time to grow it to at least a 7g pot before planting it. My largest is still a juvenile pushing 7-8' tall and ready to form a trunk. Read article below:

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Satakentia_liukiuensis

Satakentia liukiuensis Seedlings: $2.00 each. Minimum order = $20.00   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species

Shipping = $10.00  No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Seedlings will be sent without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested

Photos

1217749575_Satakentialiukiuensisseedlings0103-15-21.thumb.JPG.0055352d07e075ef122ddadaf6e2f03a.JPG

Juvenile Satakentia

288448826_Satakentialiukiuensis0103-15-21.thumb.JPG.5a27888f47c0900529a50f3c36150ec3.JPG1259892058_Satakentialiukiuensis0203-15-21.thumb.JPG.3063f1aadc14e04311bcfa3c65582afb.JPG

PalmatierMeg

All Satakentia seedlings are spoken for.

Johnny Palmseed

I’m always amazed at how quickly things sell on here. I guess I got my order in just in time.

6B33A6F2-3ECA-4BD0-B04A-2252F2459A98.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Last year my Archo maxima produced a bountiful crop of seeds and is working on its 2021 crop. I potted up some of those seedlings and need to find them a new home. In the US Archo maxima is one of the rarest of the king palms. See article in Palmpedia:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Archontophoenix_maxima
      Archonotophoenix maxima Seedlings: $2.00 each. Minimum order = $20.00   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species
      Seedlings will be sent without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      Photos

Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have multiple pots of Dypsis pembana that have been growing for almost a year. They spent all winter outdoors unprotected and laughed off all the cold fronts threw at them. I have said many times this is the best landscaping palm to come along in many years. It clusters but sparsely - both my adult palms have 3 trunks. They have taken down to 28.5F without even cold spotting and are solid zone 9 palms. They grow fast and look great.
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_pembana
      Dypsis pembana Seedlings: $1.00 each. Minimum order = $20.00   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species
      Photos

Mother Palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Last year I had seeds of Sabal mexicana generously gifted to me. They are nearly a year old and trying to escape their pot. I don't have room for all of them so I am offering a pot of 15+ of them. Learn about this coldhardy large trunking Sabal through the link below:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Sabal_mexicana
      See sale details below:
      Sabal mexicana strap leaf seedlings, 9-12 months old: 15+ @$25.00 for the lot     ONE LOT ONLY
      Shipping = $12.00
      Seedlings will be sent without pot and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid, clear wrap and foil.
      Payment via Paypal. No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      PM me if interested
      Photos

• Johnny Palmseed
      By Johnny Palmseed
      In a follow up with my post regarding seedlings dying, I was wondering if root rot has a particular “look”. The reason why I am curious is that more seedlings continue to die off and I have kept the soil dry-ish yet they exhibit the same look as the previous. I pulled a couple of my few remaining Dypsis Leptocheilos and the roots look pretty good to me. They are firm and of decent size yet the plants are clearly not going to make it. The leaves are browning and soft. I have figured that the potting mix is the problem as some of my wife’s plants have a fungal looking thing on the top of the soil. It’s from the same bag yet my seedlings show no visual sign of fungus. Any of the seed starters out there have some advice? I was recommended to use Fox Farm products next time. Any thoughts?

• NatureGirl
      By NatureGirl
      About 10 or more  Coccothrinax var havanensis seedlings, mostly 3-4 leaves. These are several yrs old. There is always a possibility of hybridization in my yard, but these have been slow growing. $4 each, minimum of 3 seedlings, Plus Shipping, bare root in spaghum.
      Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com