Sign in to follow this  
WestCoastGal

Enjoyed Zoom meeting!

WestCoastGal

Wanted to stop by and relay that my husband and I very much enjoyed this past Saturday morning’s zoom meeting with Don Hodel. Interesting weevil and banana moth topic (moth topic in more detail at later date) and enjoyed the photo tour of the four San Diego area gardens. It was the first one we managed to attend. 

The topic of holding future meetings on zoom after in-person monthly meeting tours start up again is also why I’m posting. Our vote would be to continue offering them. I’m sure many of our members and not-yet members would benefit from the info presented and simply due to location cannot be there in person. Many people simply don’t have access to this kind of interactive palm education. 

Given the spread in southern California of the weevil and banana moth, I hope this topic has alerted members living in this area to their presence if not already aware. Alarming how many palms have been killed already. Any chance these zoom meetings are saved for future viewing? maybe via youtube? If so, I’d suggest an intro that would lead non-members to IPS and PalmTalk areas for further palm education in addition to the links Don provided at the beginning of his talk.

Thanks again to everyone who helped put this zoom meeting together.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MarioPalmCUBA

I totally agree with your opinion. In these times of pandemic these zoom meetings are wonderful, unfortunately I was not able to participate. I would like to know how I can be aware of these meetings.

LJG
On 4/6/2021 at 4:13 PM, MarioPalmCUBA said:

I totally agree with your opinion. In these times of pandemic these zoom meetings are wonderful, unfortunately I was not able to participate. I would like to know how I can be aware of these meetings.

Mario, you can follow us on Twitter, IG or Facebook and get notices. Or you can signup for our newsletter. If you miss them, you can always watch them later online from our website. Just have to be an IPS member (free or paid). 

MarioPalmCUBA
1 hour ago, LJG said:

Mario, you can follow us on Twitter, IG or Facebook and get notices. Or you can signup for our newsletter. If you miss them, you can always watch them later online from our website. Just have to be an IPS member (free or paid). 

Thank you! I am a IPS member right now, How I can signup to resive your newsletter?