Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Zamia (loddigesii x pumila) x Zamia ??? OP Seeds

PalmatierMeg

I have several hundred Open Pollinated ripe uncleaned seeds from several specimens of this hybrid Zamia for sale. Z. loddigesii comes from the Atlantic side of Mexico and is threatened by habitat loss. Z. pumila is the only native North American cycad and is known as "coontie". I received the mother plants in a compot of seedlings from a Palm Beach Palm and Cycad sale some years back. I also have picked up a number of other Zamia species over the years, so while I know what the mothers are, the fathers could be a number of species/hybrids. See details below:

Zamia (loddigesii x pumila) x Zamia ???? OP Uncleaned Seeds: 25 @ $10.00 for the lot

50 @ $15.00 for the lot

For greater quantities: ask for quote

Shipping = $6.00 for up to 100 seeds. If more seeds, ask.

No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal. PM me if interested

Photos

1571575818_Zamia-loddigesiixpumila-xZamiaunkseeds.thumb.JPG.7a2c3ec3b6c718cf2bc436c4d9eeafc5.JPG1826784235_Zamia-loddigesiixpumila-0103-15-21.thumb.JPG.af9a539d7035eb6d7ee49aea609e843e.JPG1208122030_Zamia-loddigesiixpumila-0203-15-21.thumb.JPG.6792ac9a567384761f85f44551c8b4ac.JPG1403296115_Zamia-loddigesiixpumila-0303-15-21.thumb.JPG.53a781ed2f3e12c1575e4fa693e3edc0.JPG1906862156_Zamia-loddigesiixpumila-xZamiaunkhybridseeds02.thumb.JPG.2e1cec1167874ddd9b74f9e4284daa0f.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      What type of Phoenix palm is this? I was thinking a hybrid between a Rupicola and Dactylifera.

Maricopa AZ

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      London's resident palm video guy, RH Grows, recently uploaded a video of a strange palm at Lincoln Inn Fields in central London.
      I'm not sure whether this is a regular CIDP, or some kind of CIDP hybrid? At first glance, it kind of looks like a Butia, but it's clearly a Phoenix of some sort. It almost looks like a Butia x CIDP hybrid, which is obviously impossible. The fronds and crown kind of have that Butia look, but it's clearly a Phoenix of some sort. Almost certainly CIDP, or hybridised with something like Dacty, Sylvestris, Rupicola etc.
      One thing to mention is that the palm is also grown in deep shade, which I believe could effect the frond size/length, but that would not explain the strange crown and slim trunk. Something just seems very different about it. For all I know it could just be a regular CIDP though. I don't know what other people think it is...?

• Mr.Piriyakul
      By Mr.Piriyakul
      Hey everyone, 
      I know I pretty back to back, but I just trimmed my coonties because I think scale is starting to die back from a months long battle with the pests. I sprayed neem and scale specific oils for a month, daily.  The plant was still healthy and a hard cortex gave me some hope for a bounce back. I picked scale from the cortex with my girlfriend. I hope you can give me advice on if the scale will die back and leave totally with continued treatment, plus ground coffee. I know its not proven but why not try. Will the flush come back ? Did I do a dumb thing? 
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Can anyone confirm the ID of the seeding Zamia in the photos below? Could it be Z. loddigesii x pumila? Something else?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      My Zombia x Coccothrinax hybrid is about 10 years old, 6' tall at the highest frond and 4' diameter. It has two major trunks with more on the way. Those trunks are covered with coarse woven fibers that curve outward in intervals to form horizontal spines. Genus Zombia is monotypical, i.e., contains only one species. Coccothrinax is not. I don't know which species is represented in the hybrid, but I guess the most common, barbadensis, is a likely candidate. Morphology of this palm's leaves in the cluster varies. Some are large, others much smaller. Some have silvery undersides, others do not. Some pinnae are thin, others thick. Kind of strange. This palm has taken down to the mid-30s with no damage. Very neat palm but not huggable.
      Zombia x Coccothrinax, Cape Coral, FL 2021

Leaf Architecture
      Pinnae on these leaves are shallowly cut into thirds and deeply cut to right and left. Note silvery obverse of top leaf.

Pinnae on these smaller leaves are wider and cut more uniformly. Undersides of leaves don't show as much silver

Trunk Architecture
      Tallest Trunk

Fiber & spine detail

Primary & secondary trunks

Base of palm is a mass of fibers and spines