IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

You're all invited

MattyB

Even if I've never met you before, you're invited to our new place for a party.  Here's the flyer:

partyflyer.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Dear Matty & Family  :)

that's a preety nice inivitation for a house party ! i like the card

and hope you folks have good time.

thanks for the invitation & All the best wishes to you both.

love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

i wanna be the first to get drunk & fall off yer balcony.

oops,matt already did that :D

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Hey MattyB, very nice...

What do we bring?? Drinks?? I thought palms were mostly welcome... :)  No plantings this time?

BTW, Aug 26th is my birthday, and we'll be celebrating here on saturday evening too...

Congrats to you and Jen.

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Yeah, we dropped the palm planting idea.  I don't want to put ya'll to work on the hillside of death.  We'll just chill and eat and drink and have good times.  

Oh, please RSVP to me here in this thread, PM or email.  That way I know how many kilos of gruel to buy.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Good job labeling the palms on the invitiation!

Have a fabulous party, I know it will be a lot of fun with all the palm maniacs in attendance.

Regrettably, I will be many miles up Highway 395 about the time you get started, but I will be thinking of you.

Cheers!

Kim

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Kim!  We'll miss you.  Send Alan over.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Matt,

I'm sorry Karolyn and I won't be able to attend but we'll certainly be thinking of you on the 25th, and I'm sure you'll have a great party.

And why not pick out a special palm in advance, dig the hole, and have everything prepped. And then on the 25th have a little planting ceremony with everyone in attendance. Will give you a special memory of the day. Plus, more photos to post here!! :)

Aloha!

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I'll be there a month to late. :(  But I can always fall of the balcony at a latter time :P .

Tom

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Can we flatten out a landing strip in your back 40 for those of us coming by Leer Jet from South Florida?

Rick Leitner

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26.07N/80.15W

Zone 10B

Average Annual Low 67 F

Average Annual High 84 F

Average Annual Rainfall 62"

Riverfront exposure, 1 mile from Atlantic Ocean

Part time in the western mountains of North Carolina

Gratefully, the best of both worlds!

We may be in CA for the Big Sur marathon in April but I guess that's too late, and a bit far North, LOL.

Have a great time and we want to see many drunken revelry photos after the fact

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

I'll write a song, record it to mp3, send it on the day. Have I got your email address ? Could you pm me on that Matt ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Will there be a nice prize for the person that travels the lonest distance to attend? :D  Make it good....

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Somebody drink a beer in my name, and not one of those diet beers, something that'll put hair on your chest, like an Edmund Fitzgerald. Alas, the distance is just too great.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Wal, that'll be great!  We'll play it for everyone at the party.

Jeff, the prize will be a dance with Paul (once he's all liquored up).  Beware the tongue kisses come out after a few beers...and Paul gets lewd too.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

i asked BS if i could borrow his halloween costume with the garters & fishnet stockings but HE will be wearing it!!! :P

still "warning-free."

Like I said, we're all looking forward to the pictures :D  :D

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Oh I'll be there fo' shizzle!!  :D

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

(Jeff Searle @ Jul. 31 2007,17:27)

Will there be a nice prize for the person that travels the lonest distance to attend? :D  Make it good....

Jeff

Jeff, if I remember right, I think I made second place at your Spring sale.

Jacksonville, FL

Zone 9a

First Officer

Air Wisconsin Airlines (USairways Express)

Canadair Regional Jet

Base: ORF

(Logolight @ Jul. 31 2007,20:49)

Jeff

David,

And your right! Only Kate"Kathryn" beat you out coming from New Orleans. But it was great to have you as our guest. WAIT.....your a pilot! Like, can't we both fly out there on some cheap, ridiculous low cost flight? Come on, lets figure something out, talk to your bosses,bribe them, anything! We gotta crash this party and show them how the Florida boys PARTY! :cool:

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I too shall make it a point to appear!  Not sure if I can find my old costume, but the sheer fact that that image is burned on to your retina's does my heart good! :P

BS Man

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

If you want to hear me unplugged (on cdee) you better be there, I've already sent matty 5 songs, more to come, I'll get an album completed by the party. All self penned. Matty please wait till they've all had a few vinos under the belt.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Matt:  You would plan the party for my anniversary!  I don't think my wife will go for a palm party.  Not to mention I've got access to a margarita machine.

Alan Brickey

Did someone say margerita machine?  I'd strap it to a back pack and never be thirsty again!

Don't get too excited Jeff.  I wouldn't want you coming all the way out here expecting to find some grand gala and show up finding a backyard BBQ.  We're pretty low key..... except when the money booth comes out.

post--1185984072_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Aw heck, I guess I can make it. I like Bo's ceremonial palm planting idea... something special in a choice location. I bet you already have something in mind.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Hmmmmm,  I had a perfect spot for Paul all picked out.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

(Jeff Searle @ Jul. 31 2007,22:22)

(Logolight @ Jul. 31 2007,20:49)

Jeff

David,

And your right! Only Kate"Kathryn" beat you out coming from New Orleans. But it was great to have you as our guest. WAIT.....your a pilot! Like, can't we both fly out there on some cheap, ridiculous low cost flight? Come on, lets figure something out, talk to your bosses,bribe them, anything! We gotta crash this party and show them how the Florida boys PARTY! :cool:

Jeff

I'll talk to managment.  But I don't think they'd give me the time off. :D   But we do need to show them how we do it on the Southeast side.

They don't call me the Logolight for nothing. :cool:

Jacksonville, FL

Zone 9a

First Officer

Air Wisconsin Airlines (USairways Express)

Canadair Regional Jet

Base: ORF

I'll come to your party!

I like the idea of a ceremonial palm planting.

Given the distance, of course, I will retain my dignity . . . .

dave (upper lip stiff)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Thanks for the invite. Its a long drive for me so I think I'll just stay home and clean and wax my 1976 AMC Gremlin.  Its kind of a light lime green and needs waxing every 10 years or so.   The interior is a little rough but she runs good.   Thanks again, I'm sure it will be a great party/celebration.

Kent in Kansas.

Gowing palm trees in the middle of the country - Kansas.

It's hot in the summer (usually) and cold in the winter (always).

Hi Matt and Jen

Denise and I will look forward to visit in the future. We will be at one of Jens old stomping grounds ,Hamilton island so we will have a drink to you both overlooking the whitsundays

happy house warming

Colin and Denise

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

(palmsforpleasure @ Aug. 03 2007,00:45)

Hi Matt and Jen

Denise and I will look forward to visit in the future. We will be at one of Jens old stomping grounds ,Hamilton island so we will have a drink to you both overlooking the whitsundays

happy house warming

Colin and Denise

Here here!

(Hear hear?)

Glug glug etc.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hi Matt

Could you let me know who is going from the palm talk board please ? Their board names will do. I think you know why I what this.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

(Wal @ Aug. 03 2007,06:07)

Hi Matt

Could you let me know who is going from the palm talk board please ? Their board names will do. I think you know why I what this.

Uh-oh. Something tells me Wal's working on a 12-bar blues..... :P   This I gotta hear.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...

El bumpo!

A few people thought it was this weekend so I'm bumping this up so ya'll know........it's next weekend, the 25th!  Later skater.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Given the distance, of course, I will retain my dignity . . . .

Hey Dave...where's your sense of adventure!! I'm sure that Matt would let you sleep on the lawn if you need to... :D

Doug

PS: Better still, all of the out-of-towner's can chip in for an "after, after hours" party hotel room nearby! :P

Los Angeles, California

Avg July: Sunny, 72F

Avg January: Sunny, 72F

Coldest Ever Recorded: Sunny, 72F

Ave Annual Precip: Sunny, 72F

:cool:

two problems with that,palmboy:

1.matt doesn't have a lawn.anyone who wants to sleep

in the yard will be sleeping in scrub brush with rabbits nibbling their toes all nite.

2.no nearby hotels.matt will be stuck with anyone who gets too drunk to navigate the windy roads of spring valley(that'll be ME,most likely).

:D

still "warning-free."

two problems with that,palmboy:

1.matt doesn't have a lawn.anyone who wants to sleep

in the yard will be sleeping in scrub brush with rabbits nibbling their toes all nite.

2.no nearby hotels.matt will be stuck with anyone who gets too drunk to navigate the windy roads of spring valley(that'll be ME,most likely).

DARN!! BUMMER!!  :D

I guess no one will be able to "re-live the yesteryear" of their college days... :laugh:

Doug

Los Angeles, California

Avg July: Sunny, 72F

Avg January: Sunny, 72F

Coldest Ever Recorded: Sunny, 72F

Ave Annual Precip: Sunny, 72F

:cool:

I wanna come to da party!  What should I bring?

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18