Sign in to follow this  
MattyB

You're all invited

MattyB

Even if I've never met you before, you're invited to our new place for a party.  Here's the flyer:

partyflyer.jpg

Kris

Dear Matty & Family  :)

that's a preety nice inivitation for a house party ! i like the card

and hope you folks have good time.

thanks for the invitation & All the best wishes to you both.

love,

Kris  :)

paulgila

i wanna be the first to get drunk & fall off yer balcony.

oops,matt already did that :D

Gileno Machado

Hey MattyB, very nice...

What do we bring?? Drinks?? I thought palms were mostly welcome... :)  No plantings this time?

BTW, Aug 26th is my birthday, and we'll be celebrating here on saturday evening too...

Congrats to you and Jen.

MattyB

Yeah, we dropped the palm planting idea.  I don't want to put ya'll to work on the hillside of death.  We'll just chill and eat and drink and have good times.  

Oh, please RSVP to me here in this thread, PM or email.  That way I know how many kilos of gruel to buy.

Kim

Good job labeling the palms on the invitiation!

Have a fabulous party, I know it will be a lot of fun with all the palm maniacs in attendance.

Regrettably, I will be many miles up Highway 395 about the time you get started, but I will be thinking of you.

Cheers!

Kim

MattyB

Kim!  We'll miss you.  Send Alan over.

bgl

Matt,

I'm sorry Karolyn and I won't be able to attend but we'll certainly be thinking of you on the 25th, and I'm sure you'll have a great party.

And why not pick out a special palm in advance, dig the hole, and have everything prepped. And then on the 25th have a little planting ceremony with everyone in attendance. Will give you a special memory of the day. Plus, more photos to post here!! :)

Aloha!

Bo-Göran

tikitiki

I'll be there a month to late. :(  But I can always fall of the balcony at a latter time :P .

Tom

TikiRick

Can we flatten out a landing strip in your back 40 for those of us coming by Leer Jet from South Florida?

metalfan

We may be in CA for the Big Sur marathon in April but I guess that's too late, and a bit far North, LOL.

Have a great time and we want to see many drunken revelry photos after the fact

Walter John

I'll write a song, record it to mp3, send it on the day. Have I got your email address ? Could you pm me on that Matt ?

Jeff Searle

Will there be a nice prize for the person that travels the lonest distance to attend? :D  Make it good....

Jeff

JakeK

Somebody drink a beer in my name, and not one of those diet beers, something that'll put hair on your chest, like an Edmund Fitzgerald. Alas, the distance is just too great.

MattyB

Wal, that'll be great!  We'll play it for everyone at the party.

Jeff, the prize will be a dance with Paul (once he's all liquored up).  Beware the tongue kisses come out after a few beers...and Paul gets lewd too.

paulgila

i asked BS if i could borrow his halloween costume with the garters & fishnet stockings but HE will be wearing it!!! :P

bgl

Like I said, we're all looking forward to the pictures :D  :D

deezpalms

Oh I'll be there fo' shizzle!!  :D

Logolight

(Jeff Searle @ Jul. 31 2007,17:27)

Will there be a nice prize for the person that travels the lonest distance to attend? :D  Make it good....

Jeff

Jeff, if I remember right, I think I made second place at your Spring sale.

Jeff Searle

(Logolight @ Jul. 31 2007,20:49)

Jeff

David,

And your right! Only Kate"Kathryn" beat you out coming from New Orleans. But it was great to have you as our guest. WAIT.....your a pilot! Like, can't we both fly out there on some cheap, ridiculous low cost flight? Come on, lets figure something out, talk to your bosses,bribe them, anything! We gotta crash this party and show them how the Florida boys PARTY! :cool:

Jeff

palmsrgreat

Just left there this past weekend, don't know when I'll be back, but have a great time anyway!

BS Man about Palms

I too shall make it a point to appear!  Not sure if I can find my old costume, but the sheer fact that that image is burned on to your retina's does my heart good! :P

BS Man

Fouquieria

Sure, I'll be there.  All I have to do is roll over the hill.

-Ron-

Walter John

If you want to hear me unplugged (on cdee) you better be there, I've already sent matty 5 songs, more to come, I'll get an album completed by the party. All self penned. Matty please wait till they've all had a few vinos under the belt.

avb

Matt:  You would plan the party for my anniversary!  I don't think my wife will go for a palm party.  Not to mention I've got access to a margarita machine.

MattyB

Did someone say margerita machine?  I'd strap it to a back pack and never be thirsty again!

Don't get too excited Jeff.  I wouldn't want you coming all the way out here expecting to find some grand gala and show up finding a backyard BBQ.  We're pretty low key..... except when the money booth comes out.

post--1185984072_thumb.jpg

osideterry

Aw heck, I guess I can make it. I like Bo's ceremonial palm planting idea... something special in a choice location. I bet you already have something in mind.

MattyB

Hmmmmm,  I had a perfect spot for Paul all picked out.

Logolight

(Jeff Searle @ Jul. 31 2007,22:22)

(Logolight @ Jul. 31 2007,20:49)

Jeff

David,

And your right! Only Kate"Kathryn" beat you out coming from New Orleans. But it was great to have you as our guest. WAIT.....your a pilot! Like, can't we both fly out there on some cheap, ridiculous low cost flight? Come on, lets figure something out, talk to your bosses,bribe them, anything! We gotta crash this party and show them how the Florida boys PARTY! :cool:

Jeff

I'll talk to managment.  But I don't think they'd give me the time off. :D   But we do need to show them how we do it on the Southeast side.

They don't call me the Logolight for nothing. :cool:

DoomsDave

I'll come to your party!

I like the idea of a ceremonial palm planting.

Given the distance, of course, I will retain my dignity . . . .

dave (upper lip stiff)

oppalm

Thanks for the invite. Its a long drive for me so I think I'll just stay home and clean and wax my 1976 AMC Gremlin.  Its kind of a light lime green and needs waxing every 10 years or so.   The interior is a little rough but she runs good.   Thanks again, I'm sure it will be a great party/celebration.

palmtreesforpleasure

Hi Matt and Jen

Denise and I will look forward to visit in the future. We will be at one of Jens old stomping grounds ,Hamilton island so we will have a drink to you both overlooking the whitsundays

happy house warming

Colin and Denise

DoomsDave

(palmsforpleasure @ Aug. 03 2007,00:45)

Hi Matt and Jen

Denise and I will look forward to visit in the future. We will be at one of Jens old stomping grounds ,Hamilton island so we will have a drink to you both overlooking the whitsundays

happy house warming

Colin and Denise

Here here!

(Hear hear?)

Glug glug etc.

Walter John

Hi Matt

Could you let me know who is going from the palm talk board please ? Their board names will do. I think you know why I what this.

Kim

(Wal @ Aug. 03 2007,06:07)

Hi Matt

Could you let me know who is going from the palm talk board please ? Their board names will do. I think you know why I what this.

Uh-oh. Something tells me Wal's working on a 12-bar blues..... :P   This I gotta hear.

MattyB

El bumpo!

A few people thought it was this weekend so I'm bumping this up so ya'll know........it's next weekend, the 25th!  Later skater.

LA PALM BOY
Given the distance, of course, I will retain my dignity . . . .

Hey Dave...where's your sense of adventure!! I'm sure that Matt would let you sleep on the lawn if you need to... :D

Doug

PS: Better still, all of the out-of-towner's can chip in for an "after, after hours" party hotel room nearby! :P

paulgila

two problems with that,palmboy:

1.matt doesn't have a lawn.anyone who wants to sleep

in the yard will be sleeping in scrub brush with rabbits nibbling their toes all nite.

2.no nearby hotels.matt will be stuck with anyone who gets too drunk to navigate the windy roads of spring valley(that'll be ME,most likely).

:D

LA PALM BOY
two problems with that,palmboy:

1.matt doesn't have a lawn.anyone who wants to sleep

in the yard will be sleeping in scrub brush with rabbits nibbling their toes all nite.

2.no nearby hotels.matt will be stuck with anyone who gets too drunk to navigate the windy roads of spring valley(that'll be ME,most likely).

DARN!! BUMMER!!  :D

I guess no one will be able to "re-live the yesteryear" of their college days... :laugh:

Doug

Scott

I wanna come to da party!  What should I bring?