Sign in to follow this  
N8ALLRIGHT

Familiar with patioplants.com?

N8ALLRIGHT

Ok so I found this site,looked to have a nice selection of palms, mostly normal varieties, As well as other tropicals.  My problem was where's the pricing? So I got to looking for reviews and found very little for as well put together as the site is. Is this just a case of having to sign up for pricing,is it wholesale, no shipping during winter? Or is there something squirrly with them? I'm a bit of a skeptic by nature. TIA

http://Patio plants.com

PalmatierMeg

This is another iteration of Botanical Growers, which operates under a variety of names peddling tropical plants. Most of the time they say they are propagating, not selling. But every few months or so they announce a "sale" wherein they "open" their inventory online with prices, first come, first served. I tried to get some of their aroids through their "Ken's Philodendrons" ID. The online sale began at 8 a.m. By the time I got through at 8:20 everthing I wanted was sold out as was 95% of their other inventory. Then they told me and other buyers to come back for their next internet sale in 3 months. I said, "Forget it."

I don't know what BG's gimmick is and why they operate under so many names. Or how they manage to stay in business selling plants on the internet for only a few days per year. And their nusery(ies) in FL are not open to the public because they are so busy "propagating."

• Like 1

N8ALLRIGHT

Thank you for the response!  I figured something was weird when they didn't have pricing. That's the end game for a business.. money.  

PalmatierMeg

And their stuff is very expensive