kinzyjr

CFPACS Seed Bank Sale

kinzyjr

logo.jpg.6e97146f86a634b6f762b355a19b4040.jpg

The Central Florida Palm and Cycad Society seed bank has been updated.  Want to get a jump on spring?  Order today! 

Please visit http://cfpacs.com/org/seeds-for-sale/ for ordering instructions:

202102101951_SeedBank.png.7b0296a5238f59cc0e0a5cba2bd45b17.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Frond-friend42

Thanks for posting this, Kinzyjr.

• Upvote 1

palmsOrl

Excellent selection.  Thank you for posting this update Jeremy!

-Michael

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr

Sold out of a few things - that was quick - an updated inventory:

image.png.c967215e7e7904be566803ff3be7f4e9.png

floridaPalmMan

Everything I dont have is >8b :(

Edited by floridaPalmMan

kinzyjr
11 minutes ago, floridaPalmMan said:

Everything I dont have is >8b :(

I'll at least pose the question - is there anything in particular that you are hunting for that, if we happen to come across it, would make a good inventory item?

Frond-friend42

Dicteocaryum lamarckianum 

Sabinaria magnifica

Manicaria saccifera 

Hemithrinax ekmanii:badday:

Marojejya Damiani

Licuala ramsayi

Copernicia fallaensis

Copernicia cowellii

Pritchardia viscosa:floor:..

• Like 1

Frond-friend42

I almost forgot...

Lemurophoenix halleuxii 

NatureGirl

Jeremy, have you taken over running the seed bank now? Just curious since I have extra seed I can donate once in a while.

Johnny Palmseed
18 hours ago, Frond-friend42 said:

Dicteocaryum lamarckianum 

Sabinaria magnifica

Manicaria saccifera 

Hemithrinax ekmanii:badday:

Marojejya Damiani

Licuala ramsayi

Copernicia fallaensis

Copernicia cowellii

Pritchardia viscosa:floor:..

I’m not sure any of these will be likely to show up on this list. @kinzyjr could certainly advise whether they might be available, but I don’t recall seeing any of these for sale.

• Like 1

kinzyjr

@NatureGirl Thankfully, my responsibilities end at being Membership Chair currently.  Basically: outreach, recruiting and communication.  If you (or others) have seed to donate, please contact our coordinators at: Theseedbank@yahoo.com

@Frond-friend42 I can't promise anything up front since I don't collect and donate the vast bulk of our seeds, but I will make sure this list ends up in the right hands.  @Johnny Palmseed is probably right that we're more likely to find a winning Powerball ticket than collect 10 seeds of some of those, but having the list in mind helps greatly.  Sorry about the Hemithrinax.

Double-check the list below to make sure I got the correct species names:

Copernicia cowellii
Copernicia fallaensis
Dictyocaryum lamarckianum
Hemithrinax ekmaniana
Lemurophoenix halleuxii
Licuala ramsayi
Manicaria saccifera
Marojejya darianii
Pritchardia viscosa
Sabinaria magnifica

Frond-friend42

Yes,  Jeremy. That's the power-ball list. Thanks for taking an interest. I had misspelled some and you have them all correct here. 

Though I think these are mostly tropical. P. viscosa is subtropical (Kauai) may be a little hardier.

Still, you've got some good ones.

Happy hunting, 

Ben

floridaPalmMan
On 2/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, kinzyjr said:

I'll at least pose the question - is there anything in particular that you are hunting for that, if we happen to come across it, would make a good inventory item?

Dypsis decipiens :)

the only cold hardy palm with a green crown. Im actually surprised I dont see them mentioned more often here.

Edited by floridaPalmMan
  • Like 1

palmhort

I've sent 2 emails for some seeds with no reply.  Are they all sold out?   Interested in the Carpinteria 20/$5 and the Chamaedoria tepejilote 10/$5.  Thanks

Johnny Palmseed
52 minutes ago, palmhort said:

I've sent 2 emails for some seeds with no reply.  Are they all sold out?   Interested in the Carpinteria 20/$5 and the Chamaedoria tepejilote 10/$5.  Thanks

They probably have the email but it’s not a business. It’s a volunteer organization so you might have to wait a few days for a response.

kinzyjr
23 hours ago, palmhort said:

Both of the coordinators work full-time and volunteer as @Johnny Palmseed mentioned.  If it goes past this weekend without a response, PM me please and I'll see what I can do to help.