IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sabal palmetto 'Lisa', Chambeyronia, and others available

FishEyeAquaculture

Like I've said before, collecting and growing all these seeds all fun and games until they get larger and you run out of room and/or the weeds start to take over the pots.  And since I'd rather enjoy this hobby and not despise it, time to thin out the herd.  I have the following available (see pictures below):

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - $75ea...15 available
  • 3gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - $60ea...8 available (these should've been potted up last season, but I ran out of 'high hole' pots..plants are slightly smaller than the 7gal)
  • 7gal Chambeyronia - $45ea...30+ available (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)
  • 3gal Serenoa repens ‘Cinerea’ - $10ea...30 available (these would appreciate more attention than what might've been the 10min I provided them with this past summer)
  • 7gal Bismarck - $40ea....20 available (2'-3'H and HOLY CRAP are they cold tolerant!)

• These are available for PICK UP ONLY 
  • Located in Dade City, FL (North of Tampa, I-75, exit 293)
  • PM me if interested 

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the tour and great plants!  There are still plenty of big flamethrowers, Lisas and others still there as of yesterday.  I only grabbed a few to replace my likely dead ones that got frost-torched on Christmas night.  That B. Alfredii grove is going to look really awesome by the fall, mine jumped from ~8' to ~12-14' last summer.

• 1 month later...

Are any of these still available? I'm on vacation this week but maybe next week I can swing by, or some time after that?

Jon

Brooksville, FL 9a

24 minutes ago, cobra2326 said:

Are any of these still available? I'm on vacation this week but maybe next week I can swing by, or some time after that?

Yes, everything is still available except the silver saw palmettos!  Send over a PM when you’re ready to visit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jtee said:

Is the first and second pic the Sabal Lisa’s?

Yes

5 minutes ago, FishEyeAquaculture said:

Yes

Thanks I’ve never seen the Lisa before. What would you say they are hardy to?

7 hours ago, Jtee said:

Thanks I’ve never seen the Lisa before. What would you say they are hardy to?

USDA Hardiness Zone 8-10

Your palms are definitely priced to sell, too bad you didn't ship !  =) 

T J 

T J 

58 minutes ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Your palms are definitely priced to sell, too bad you didn't ship !  =) 

T J 

PM sent

I would definitely get one but I imagine they’d be expensive to ship. I’m only 5.5 hrs away but I don’t think I can make it down. 

I would love a couple Lisas. I'm in Naples, but I rarely make it out of town. Please let me know if you ever decide to ship ^_^

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

9 minutes ago, Missi said:

I would love a couple Lisas. I'm in Naples, but I rarely make it out of town. Please let me know if you ever decide to ship ^_^

Message sent

• Like 1

Are you shipping.  I’m in South FLorida.  Also is weekend pickup available if not shipping.  Would like 6-8 Chambeyronias.  

11 minutes ago, PJP said:

Are you shipping.  I’m in South FLorida.  Also is weekend pickup available if not shipping.  Would like 6-8 Chambeyronias.  

The Flamethrowers are too big for shipping (tie up the fronds and they’ll be 8’ long), but weekend pickup is available!

I have sent you a message in regards to your Sabal Lisa Palms ( 7 gals ) Im roughly 45-60 minutes from you. Highly interested in the Lisa Palms 

Thank you M8!

These photos are for the OP. He has first dibs. 

OP, They have been trimmed. Just the dying off fronds were trimmed, Nothing else. I'm absolutely NOT a scalper, Meaning I don't leave 2 fronds on the head. 

These are the Serenoa Repens " SILVER" Saw Palmettos. 

FB_IMG_1618136152781.jpg

FB_IMG_1618136127605.jpg

FB_IMG_1618136159301.jpg

• 1 month later...

UPDATED AVAILABILITY and PRICING

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - $75ea...12 available...Buy 3 or more for $70ea
  • 7gal Chambeyronia - $45ea...30+ available (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)...Buy 3 or more for $40ea
  • 3gal Chambeyronia - $25ea...12+ available (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)
  • 7gal Bismarck - $35ea....20 available (2'-3'H and HOLY CRAP are they cold tolerant!)
  • Variety of other palms also available (Archontophoenix sp., B. fenestralis, B. alfredii, C. Houailou, Cuban Copernicias, L. saribus, L. decora, S. palmetto 'Variegated', A. arenaria, C. alba, and others)   

• These are available for PICK UP ONLY 
  • Located in Dade City, FL (North of Tampa, I-75, exit 293)
  • PM me if interested 

updated picture of Lisa's

IMG_2452.jpg

• Like 1