tjwalters

Chamaedorea adscendens seedlings

tjwalters

The baggie method - seeds from my seed-grown C. adscendens.image.thumb.png.f4a71dd35141826d605848e863d7897d.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

joe_OC

My favorite Chamaedorea

• Like 2

PalmatierMeg

Nice solitary Chamaedorea with leathery, matte green leaves. I have a bunch in pots I grew from seed. But none have reproduced so far. Maybe they are all the same sex but that would be odd.

• Like 1

akamu

I  agree with Joe these are great little Palms very slow in my experience the fronds have  a bluish hue to them

20210206_084459.jpg

20210206_084359.jpg

• Like 1

joe_OC

I had around 6 of them that rats decided to eat.  :crying:  Ate right through the stalks like candy cane.

• Like 1

tjwalters
1 hour ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Nice solitary Chamaedorea with leathery, matte green leaves. I have a bunch in pots I grew from seed. But none have reproduced so far. Maybe they are all the same sex but that would be odd.

Did you get seeds from me?  A lot of mine have made their way around. :D

Female flowers

image.png.2a0fdca2101148ab11c372f83a87989a.png

Male flowers
image.png.8c7fe0a437f75aad76585d2fb35d594e.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

tjwalters
24 minutes ago, joe_OC said:

I had around 6 of them that rats decided to eat.  :crying:  Ate right through the stalks like candy cane.

I've had squirrels (or mice) damage some of mine that were outside for the summer, but they kept on truckin'.  I've also air-layered older individuals successfully from adventitious roots.

tjwalters

One of mine even flushed red while fruiting.
C.adscendens.02.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I was taking photos in the back yard jungle a couple days ago. The following planted/potted palms were ready for their closeups:
      Syagrus schizophylla - The only Syagrus with spines, I think. Very slow growing compared to queens. I grew this specimen from seeds I found under a display at my local orange BB about 10 years ago. It was unfazed by fusarium wilt that destroyed all my queens, mules and Washy.

Ptychosperma sp - Solitary, skinny little palm with huge ruffled leaves. New leaves open bronze-y red, then turn dark green.

Chamaedorea ernesti-augusti - This species cannot tolerate my alkaline soil and dies within weeks of being planted. So, I grew these from seeds started 10 years ago and they live their lives in pots. Those stems are thinner than my forefinger.

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      I gave Phil at Jungle Music (and UPS ) a chunk of my stimulus check. 

C. Benzii, C. Plumosa, and another Kentia that def needs to be repotted and was way bigger than Phil told me over the phone. 

Pretty sure my apartment manager is gonna send me a nastygram email, and now I really need to get off my culo and repot some things so I can give them away. 

• pavi
      By pavi
      Chamaedorea radicalis growing in a pot in my balcony. Athens , Greece , zone 10a
    • Marius
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone. My new palms arrived late last week. I’ve planted some. Will update as I plant more. 
      Chambeyronia 

• Nicholas Bullock
      By Nicholas Bullock
      Hello everyone! I looking to buy a Chamaedorea schiedeana. if you have or know someone who has one, please feel free to message me anytime.