floridaPalmMan

Coconut Queen Hybrid Palm?? (Syagrus romanzoffiana X schoffel)

floridaPalmMan

I just heard about this Syagrus romanzoffiana X schoffel hybrid  and was wondering if anyone had one or know a place to buy them.

Can't find seedlings anywhere

Edited by floridaPalmMan

Ben in Norcal

In Florida, check with Erik at Mule Palm Nursery.  They are making them now and he's selling seedlings.

• Upvote 1

floridaPalmMan
4 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

In Florida, check with Erik at Mule Palm Nursery.  They are making them now and he's selling seedlings.

Very cool. Thank bud

• Like 1

ErikSJI
On 2/5/2021 at 12:33 AM, floridaPalmMan said:

Very cool. Thank bud

I should have around 20 small ones available next month and about 200 in a few months.

• Like 1

floridaPalmMan
9 hours ago, ErikSJI said:

I should have around 20 small ones available next month and about 200 in a few months.

Are pre-orders available?

defa
I would also like to book

ErikSJI

They are growing slow right now. They should be ready in about a month hopefully.

Darold Petty

S. schoffel is not a valid name.  I thought the 'coconut queen' was Syagrus romanzoffianum x S. schizophylla.  Please explain, thanks.  :)

OC2Texaspalmlvr
1 hour ago, Darold Petty said:

S. schoffel is not a valid name.  I thought the 'coconut queen' was Syagrus romanzoffianum x S. schizophylla.  Please explain, thanks.  :)

I believe your correct!!! 

floridaPalmMan
On 3/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, Darold Petty said:

Not sure, got it from the website of this nursery: https://www.palmparadise.com/trees/palms/coconut-queen-palm

They call it a romanzoffiana X schoffel.

No idea where they got the schoffel name from because they say right on the site it is a hybrid with "the graceful look of the Kentia with the versatility and vigor of the popular Queen Palm" . Strange because the name of the Kentia is Howea forsteriana

So maybe it's a made up name by a vendor to sell more palms???

PalmatierMeg
12 minutes ago, floridaPalmMan said:

Not sure, got it from the website of this nursery: https://www.palmparadise.com/trees/palms/coconut-queen-palm

They call it a romanzoffiana X schoffel.

No idea where they got the schoffel name from because they say right on the site it is a hybrid with "the graceful look of the Kentia with the versatility and vigor of the popular Queen Palm" . Strange because the name of the Kentia is Howea forsteriana

So maybe it's a made up name by a vendor to sell more palms???

I suspect so. I've heard/read stuff about Moon Valley Nursery, their nosebleed prices and the unabashed hokum they spout. Is it all true?

• Like 2

aztropic

Yes. Moon valley makes up their own names (especially for palms) to make you think that theirs are better than any other nurseries;even though there is no difference. Unbelievably high prices,pressured sales.Tons of material though.

aztropic 

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 1