IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free large Potted bottle palm Hudson Florida

Mr.SamuraiSword

I saw this palm outside the Hudson Do It Best Hardware in the Hudson Square Plaza.  While it has heavy freeze damage the center two spears are very green and such. I went inside to warn an employee it would probably die if left outside and is already looking bad, and they told me i could take it. Sadly I am unable to take the palm as it is too large for my already mostly filled van so I thought I would post it here in hopes it can find a new home, it has about 4 fest of clear trunk, and the employees gave me permission to tell people.  If you do decide to get it, just warn the employees inside so they don't think you are stealing it. I would really hate to see this large bottle go to waste. 

20210201_160824.jpg

• Upvote 2

Based on the size of that thing its probably pot bound too.

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 4 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 4 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 2 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

Based on the size of that thing its probably pot bound too.

Yeah man, would love to see it get a chance to grow and thrive. If nobody can take it, I have found a possible person to give it too in a place near Venice where i will be heading in a couple days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palmsOrl said:

I would would gladly take it if I were closer.

Hoping to keep this thread somewhat active so eventually someone closer will take it, 

1 hour ago, Mr.SamuraiSword said:

Hoping to keep this thread somewhat active so eventually someone closer will take it, 

If it can wait until Saturday, I can take it.

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

15 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

If it can wait until Saturday, I can take it.

Awesome, they arent planning on trashing it from what I am aware,

Went up and took a look today.  It's a bit bigger than it looks.  Definitely wasn't going to fit comfortably into either of my vehicles.  it's still available if anyone wants it.  It has some new growth coming out of the crown, but it has a long way back to recovery.

I did go in and get a new garden sign out of the deal though.20210206_104820_ParadiseSign.thumb.jpg.a7d531a8f3212810beedffa44def9268.jpg

• Like 2

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

On 2/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, kinzyjr said:

Went up and took a look today.  It's a bit bigger than it looks.  Definitely wasn't going to fit comfortably into either of my vehicles.  it's still available if anyone wants it.  It has some new growth coming out of the crown, but it has a long way back to recovery.

I did go in and get a new garden sign out of the deal though.20210206_104820_ParadiseSign.thumb.jpg.a7d531a8f3212810beedffa44def9268.jpg

Damn.  Well at least it wasn't a watsed trip. Anyone else?

• Like 1