Sign in to follow this  
PALM MOD

65th Annual Dent Smith Fund Raiser

PALM MOD

For those of you unaware of the history of the International Palm Society (who created and sponsors this Forum) please read the following and consider contributing to and help the IPS continue to promote the education, conservation, and enjoyment of palms. DONATE

Full Page Dent Smith.png

• Like 1

palmnut-fry

I read in the original IPS mag "PRINCIPES" ( which I still have), from when I originally joined our club in '78. Interesting back history in those readings and glad to have been apart of it all these years. I believe the wonderful Paulene Sullivan ran the bookstore in those days and I was able to snag the "bible" of~ Palms of the World which even then was out of print. Even in black & white, it was a huge learning tool for me on the subject. Love to learn morphology from origin of latin names to what they meant and where these plants come from. Incidentally many of the pics in that book were courtesy of Dent! The many references to him and his work is awe inspiring. 

Tip my hat to Mr. Smith

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1