IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Marius

Hi Everyone. My new palms arrived late last week. I’ve planted some. Will update as I plant more. 
Chambeyronia 

9B43C7F3-6DE4-4667-969E-6B272E19B750.jpeg

D17AA079-F14E-4395-A459-A93CCD537B79.jpeg

2AEFCD62-498D-438F-A109-2D836A69CFD7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Chamaedorea glaucifolia 

I’ve planted four. I think that they will look great once they get taller than the S minors. 

1CB616A9-DDC9-478E-86DA-E42B5BE98CC3.jpeg

39141C41-19DE-4843-8AD2-D1BF327F7300.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Chamaedorea costaricana 

very small ones. Hope they grow fast. All the Chamaedorea palms that I’ve planted in the past do very well here under canopy. Have 11 species of Chamaedorea now. 

4A6E37ED-FD46-4959-97A3-AED5F8470FC2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Ptychosperma schifferii

This one is a zone pushing experiment. It’s under the terrace overhang. It gets morning sun. 

7380AD58-A47D-4641-A83F-16BAB6F76944.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Copernicia alba. 
I’ve been looking for this species for a number of years. They look a bit ashes to ashes, but hopefully they will take soon and rise from the ashes. 

FFD03F8C-3E9E-4FFB-9E1C-3280012D53CF.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I’ve also planted a Chamaedorea radicalis with my existing two and a Lanonia dasyantha.

have about 8 more to plant. 
The 4 Dypsis, as recommended by palm talkers, a tiny Euterpe edulis, G maya, lanonia megaloni and an unidentified Chuniophoenix. 

5 minutes ago, akamu said:

Great choice in Palms I really like the rock work on your house

Thank you Adam. 

14 minutes ago, akamu said:

Great choice in Palms I really like the rock work on your house

Thank you Adam. 

• 2 weeks later...

I planted the Lanonia megaloni and the Gaussia maya this morning. Both under dense canopy of a large CIDP. 

1B2DC725-363A-4864-BA53-F32AE44C68F2.jpeg

1E600D06-327D-45CA-B0A9-6AC53ED637C4.jpeg

23AD4DB6-1544-4DC8-BB8C-8F8FF6144897.jpeg

71E19377-D61C-4248-8274-1EACFE976890.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Very nice tropical palm garden Marius!  It already looks great imagine once those newly planted ones grow!   Give us some updates down the road.  
jimmyt

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

Very nice tropical palm garden Marius!  It already looks great imagine once those newly planted ones grow!   Give us some updates down the road.  
jimmyt

Thank you jimmyt. I will give an update in a year. 

• Like 1

Agree these look great where you planted and will fit right in to what you are growing. Can’t wait to see how they fair over the next couple years.

1 minute ago, KDubU said:

Agree these look great where you planted and will fit right in to what you are growing. Can’t wait to see how they fair over the next couple years.

Thank you KDubU. I hope that they will do well. The other palms not planted today have been here for about three years. 

• 7 months later...

@Marius any updates?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.