sonoranfans

My chambeyronia macrocarpa var watermelon was a gift from my daughter about 5-6 years ago.  Its situated in my designated "rainforest area" the warmest spot in my yard with plenty of palm canopy.  In winter sun is heavily filtered and the red color stays around a lot longer(about  a week).  In summer, it turns in 3-4 days to greenish.  The last 4 days it has been open in its shady spot.  Not only do they stay red longer in shade, the seem more vibrant in shade as well given they are the brightest leaf in the area.  This spear rose and took forever it seems to open.  I was sure it would open around christmas, but it just sat there.  Perhaps the cool weather delayed it, as our average lows have been i the low 50's pretty consistently.  I think of my daughter every time I look at it!  A great gift!WatermelonJan2021.thumb.jpg.138b394c22dd0097c9c3f88db8e27e14.jpgwatermelonjan2021n2.thumb.jpg.e18a3ba67c380b72c8d6bb823cc55b0f.jpg

• Like 17
  • Upvote 3

HtownPalms

Beautiful palm!

PalmatierMeg

Stellar!

TheMadScientist

What a GREAT GIFT from your daughter.  Thank You for posting such a perfect FLAME THROWER.

jimmyt

Cant miss that flame!  Excellent!