• Similar Content

• Ilovepalm
      By Ilovepalm
      For 10 years I have been unsuccessfully trying to sprout a coconut palm from a nut. Every time the nuts turn moldy. I have already tried all possible sprouting methods available on the Internet, as well as from this forum. I even rinsed these nuts with washing powder before putting them in zip bags. I always soaked in warm water, then they had 100% humidity and 30 Celsius temperature. But they always mold and do not sprout. Now, I bought 4 coconuts and silence for three weeks.

• Dr Roland Bourdeix
      By Dr Roland Bourdeix
      Do you Know this kind of coconut variety? Here is one of the most extraordinary varieties of coconut tree! A Compact Green Dwarf of Kaipoa type, that the envelope of the young fruits is edible, tender and sweet. For the moment, a single specimen has been found in French Polynesia, on the Tuamotus archipelago, on the Katiu atoll… In most coconuts, the husk (fruit envelope) is hard and inedible. But sometimes the husk of the young fruit is sweet and can be chewed like sugar cane. Its taste resembles that of the heart of coconut palm…. I would like to know if somebody meets this variety in another country? See hd pictures here:
      https://coconutmuseum.blogspot.com/2022/02/cchf.html

• Ilovepalm
      By Ilovepalm
      I need your advice. On Saturday, I will receive a Cocos Nucifera from someone, which does not grow well in this person, because it is too dark in the apartment and there is no adequate air humidity there. I would like to provide the palm with the best possible conditions. All I know is that the palm was purchased by this person 4 months ago. Over a week ago, it was transplanted. The flowerpot has no drain, although it has expanded clay at the bottom. The leaves from the purchase in the store were said to be torn and brown at the tips. But apparently one leaf this palm developed. My questions are:
      1. How to secure a palm tree for transport by car (I live in Poland, zone 6 USDA, currently I have ok minus 6 Celsius outside)
      2. Should I replant it in my house to the correct substrate and to a flowerpot with a drain?
      2. How much water a week?
      3. I read, that this coconut palm is helped by sea sand and watering with sea salt. Is it true?

• AZ_Palm_Guy
      By AZ_Palm_Guy
      As the post states, just looking for a fiji/samoan dwarf coconut palm. Preferably something smaller like a 3g and that could be shipped. This is a gift for someone. If anyone can make some recommendations on where I can purchase please let me know. Some promising leads have fizzled away.
    • Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      So recently we have been hitting the low 50s and an occasional 45 to 48 at night and my coconut palm is showing severe yellowing with brown spots all over it. I'm not sure if it's a disease or the cool weather that is causing it ill show pics below of what it looked like in September vs now. The last pic it has yellow patches all over I have no idea why.