IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PalmHunter

Listing a few of some hard to find palms.  Here is a sample of just a few of the varieties we have available.

gaussia gomez -pompae  4"  $7.00   20

euterpe oleracea para dwarf (açaí palm)  4" $6.00  50

archontophoenix purpurea 4" $8.00  100

You can call 305-619-8547 or email everythinggreen.tad@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest,

Dawn

94JCfOABQWqTGBdqGCTbaA.jpg

o3HBk5DkRsyGIEn0ZC+fVA.jpg

6eMY++0XTpOBBh4zO9+HRQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1. Do you ship palms?

2. Do you have a minimum order?

3. What do the numbers after each unit price mean?

4. What other rare palms do you offer?

Thanks

• Like 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Those actually look like 1 Gallon size palms not 4"? 

• Like 1

Warrior Palm Princess, Satellite Beach, Florida

1 hour ago, The Silent Seed said:

Awesome! Do you grow only palms? 

Thanks! Jude

Hello Jude, 

Yes mainly exotics that are rare and harder to find.

Hi Dawn, there's a bunch I have been looking for:

Raphia Sudanica, Raphia Farinifera, Caryota Mitis variegated, Licuala Peltata v. Sumawongii, Brahea Dulcis/Moorei, Brahea "Super Silver," Dypsis Ambositrae, Dypsis Baronii "black petiole," Dypsis Carlsmithii, Dypsis Mananjarensis "Mealy Bug," Dypsis Onilahensis, Dypsis "Orange Crush" (maybe Pilulifera?), Kerriodoxa Elegans, Sabal "Lisa," Allagoptera Arenaria, Copernicia Alba

Those are in no particular order, please let me know if you have any of the above.  As Meg mentioned, do you ship to central Florida and do you have a minimum?

Merlyn, I didn't remember you saying you were looking for Allagoptera last time you were here? I have a lot of 2 year old seedlings for $5  Shippable.

C398F1E4-8498-4DA4-816D-915CCFD60946.jpeg

• Like 1

Warrior Palm Princess, Satellite Beach, Florida

Hi Merlyn,

I’m new to this PalmTalk forum so trying to figure out how to navigate the replies.

We do have the Dypsis carlsmithii in 4”.  They are a little yellow right now, but we are treating them with some iron. Have about 20 we would be willing to sell.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Dawn

• Like 1

@PalmHunter Do you have Kerriodoxa Elegans, Licuala Ramsayi, or chamaedorea ernesti-augusti? 

Thanks in advance! :) 

Former South Florida resident living in the Greater Orlando Area, zone 9b.

Constantly wishing I could still grow zone 10 palms worry-free, but also trying to appease my strange fixation with Washingtonias. 

Acrocomia Totai, Parajubaea Sunkha, Jubaeopsis Caffra, Brahea Decumbens, Borasuss , Corypha, or any cycads? Thanks

Dawn, do you have a website with photos?

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

21 hours ago, PalmHunter said:

I’m new to this PalmTalk forum so trying to figure out how to navigate the replies.

We do have the Dypsis carlsmithii in 4”.  They are a little yellow right now, but we are treating them with some iron. Have about 20 we would be willing to sell.

Hi Dawn, thanks for the info!  The easiest way to reply to specific questions is to "Quote" the reply and then edit to the relevant parts.  It makes it easier to sort out which reply is to which person, and you get a notice in the upper right, which makes it easy to click and find the reply.  BTW - Welcome to PalmTalk!  Always great to have more palm enthusiasts around!  :D

31 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Hi Dawn, thanks for the info!  The easiest way to reply to specific questions is to "Quote" the reply and then edit to the relevant parts.  It makes it easier to sort out which reply is to which person, and you get a notice in the upper right, which makes it easy to click and find the reply.  BTW - Welcome to PalmTalk!  Always great to have more palm enthusiasts around!  :D

Oh great thank you so much!

• Like 1

Any of those rare palms you got there have a cold tolerance of an 8b (15-20F) climate zone by chance?

Good morning,

We do have some things that will adapt well in your zone. The archonophoenix purpurea, Phoenix theophrasti and we have some madagasgar coconuts that have done well in Jacksonville.

Please feel free to call Toi (PamHunter) 305-283-0522 with any questions and for a more extensive list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dawn,

If you all still have Archontophoenix purpurea available, I was interested in purchasing two! I live in Central Florida and work at Lukas Nursery. I was also interested to see what other more rare Palms you all grow? The best way to reach me is by my email! 

Hello, also interested in Archontophoenis Purpurea, probably 2-4,m do you ship to St, Pete,fl? and a ballpark on shipping please,

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Hi - I’m looking for Chambeyronia macrocarpa in 25 gallon or larger.  Do you carry or know where I could find one?  I’ve seen a few but they are at wholesale only nurseries.  TIA!