Sign in to follow this  
Gonzer

They haven't killed this one ...yet.

Gonzer

Since leaving city work in Carlsbad I've watched the majority of my plantings destroyed by either neglect or incompetence by city-hired mow & blow contractors. Luckily this Bismarkia I planted out as a small 5g is thriving along with some lutescens in the background...for now.

0103210709.jpg

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

realarch

Impressive Bizzie, hopefully it’s too impressive and daunting to mess with.

Tim

Darold Petty

Wait until they prune it back to two fronds, several times.   :mrlooney:

• Upvote 2

Gonzer
33 minutes ago, Darold Petty said:

Wait until they prune it back to two fronds, several times.   :mrlooney:

I'm just waiting for the day.

• Like 1

Tracy
5 hours ago, Gonzer said:

Since leaving city work in Carlsbad I've watched the majority of my plantings destroyed by either neglect or incompetence by city-hired mow & blow contractors. Luckily this Bismarkia I planted out as a small 5g is thriving along with some lutescens in the background...for now.

I know that plant, its in the Blockbuster parking lot on Elm, right???  :D  What year did that go in?  The Village wouldn't be the same without it.

If I recall, the one on Roosevelt Street down from the Boys & Girls Club was planted before you planted this one.  I used to drive by it all the time, when my boys were starting out with North County Aquatic swimming at that pool when they were little.

Gonzer
1 hour ago, Tracy said:

I know that plant, its in the Blockbuster parking lot on Elm, right???  :D  What year did that go in?  The Village wouldn't be the same without it.

If I recall, the one on Roosevelt Street down from the Boys & Girls Club was planted before you planted this one.  I used to drive by it all the time, when my boys were starting out with North County Aquatic swimming at that pool when they were little.

Still call it Blockbuster and the street 'Elm'  huh? :greenthumb: I put that in about 2003 along with the Furcraea foetida 'Mediopicta's, one's in bloom in the photo. The one down the street is kinda squeezed in by the sidewalk and curb. Little further down on the left on Elm is my big Ravenala and a great Furcraea macdougalii with trunk that has survived so far. The biggest pisser is that they also replaced my planter at the north end of town with that godforsaken roundabout. Nice of them to let me plant all the cool stuff and not tell me they're gonna rip it out in 5 years!

• Like 2

DoomsDave

Yeah @Gonzer m’lad I know well the feeling. 

I’ve placed palms in many places I’ve lived in, loved by some and murdered by others.

Love that Bizzie! Gonna shoot some karma it’s way 

Gonzer
18 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Yeah @Gonzer m’lad I know well the feeling. 

I’ve placed palms in many places I’ve lived in, loved by some and murdered by others.

Love that Bizzie! Gonna shoot some karma it’s way 

If you've got an old red Chuck Taylor we could bury it at the base and increase it's mojo 1000%.

• Like 2