PalmatierMeg

Sabal minor unk Dwarf Seeds 180+ ONE LOT ONLY

PalmatierMeg

For sale is the total crop of seeds of an unknown dwarf Sabal minor. I germinated this palm around 2008 from a seed sent to me by a PTer I can no longer recall. Where he got it I don't know but he sent it to me as Sabal etonia. I learned years later it is actually S. minor. That makes sense to me because actual Sabal etonias never survived for me. I planted it in my Caribbean Garden in 2009. During the 12 years I have had it, it has grown painfully slowly to its current size of 2' tall x 3-4' wide. I has flowered for years but produces crops of sometimes fewer than 100 seeds. This year's seed output is <200 seeds. It is a compact grower and should be cold hardy as any other Sabal minor.

180+ Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds = $15.00  ONE LOT ONLY

Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI

TOTAL = $20.00

Payment via Paypal

Photos

Sabal minor unknown dwarf

253846245_SabalminorCaribbean12-29-20.thumb.JPG.d893f970e740ad1ebe217eb8e7b5fba7.JPG983528056_SabalminorCaribbean0112-1320.thumb.JPG.379bcd9a713f6651693060a479c9c287.JPG817124806_SabalminorCaribbean0212-13-20.thumb.JPG.51980e291266fb34f7eaa34b043dcf2f.JPG1323442784_SabalminorCaribbean0312-13-20.thumb.JPG.e0fcc43a38416dd855389c2a7be75f58.JPG

PalmatierMeg

UPDATE: I will split these seeds into two lots of 90+ seeds each. See below

Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds: TWO LOTS of 90+ seeds each = $9.00 PER LOT

Shipping = $5.00 per lot per location

All other terms in Post #1 apply

PalmatierMeg

Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds: LAST LOT of 90+ = $9.00

Shipping = $5.00

TOTAL= $14.00

Palm Man

I am interested in your Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds if they are still available. 

PalmatierMeg

Seeds are SOLD!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      In January I went to a Buddy Holly tribute at the Cape Cabaret in downtown Cape Coral. On the way in I noticed several apparently "dwarf" trunked Pseudophoenix sargentii shorter than I am planted near the side walk. Two of them had ripe seeds and had dropped many on the ground. On the way home I picked the remaining seeds and took photos. I posted those photos last month in the following topic:
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/67082-pseudophoenx-sargentii-dwarfs-cape-coral-fl/&tab=comments#comment-974787
      I questioned whether these palms were actually dwarfed like Areca catechus. Consensus was that they had been kept in pots for many years before they were planted, which resulted in their current appearance, i.e., there are no genetic dwarf P. sargentii. So you should not expect offspring of these seeds to replicate their parents if they are raised normally. 
      In addition you can read a write-up on this species in the Palmpedia link below:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Pseudophoenix_sargentii
      I have several hundred seeds of these palms for sale as follows:
      Pseudophoenix sargentii from Cape Cabaret: 50 seeds @ $10.00 for the Lot
      Shipping: $5.00 up to 150 seeds.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      A couple photos from my previous topic

• donofriojim1
      By donofriojim1
      Here is a small update on some of my palms that I have been growing here in Cincinnati ( zone 6b) WITHOUT any protection whatsoever. Unlike parts of Texas that saw below zero temperatures, We in Cincinnati experienced a low of 3 degrees Fahrenheit.  These are just some of my palms as of yesterday now that the thaw has begun. The large needle palm was a palm that I salvaged from a restaurant along the Ohio river just outside of downtown Cincinnati last September that had been growing in a median in the parking lot totally unprotected and fully exposed to the elements since 2009. I will be posting more updates on my other palms and exotica later.

• GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Question...we got iced over yesterday which brought out an observable change in my Needle and Trachy’s palmate leaf segments:

The segments get a striped appearance with different shades of green. I’ve seen it every winter, especially when temps are consistently in the teens or twenties...my Minors do the same thing. It obviously has something to do with cold hardiness...the first picture is my Needle and much less pronounced than my Trachy’s reaction and arguably, the Needle is more cold hardy than the Trachy...just wondering...
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Freezing nighttime temps are arriving over the next 14-consecutive days...predictions have 14-nights below freezing (Fahrenheit) but only two daytime temps below freezing. For the cold hardy, this seems like a reasonable scenario as day temps will allow for recovery from the night’s freezes. In that period, there will be two consecutive days/nights below freezing...one at 25/12 and the next at 30/19. My palms have had worse long-term freezes than this...but I’ll wrap the Trachy’s trunk for the two consecutive days below freezing. The Sabal Brazoria and the Chamaerops Humilis are protected as usual all winter but will let the Sabal Minor straplings tough it out with just frost cloth on the ground around. Both 24-hour, back to back periods below freezing have sun to a degree, so given their nice south face, wrapped umbrella covered cages and frost cloth ground cover I think we’re set for a reasonable episode for my cold hardy palms.
      Question...given that glucose storage in evergreen plant cells helps give them the anti-freeze they need to keep their cells from freezing solid and dying, if palms are periodically watered with a mixture of molasses and water (which I do with a gallon watering can spring and summer) is there a chance they take in the glucose in the molasses and move to store it in their cells? Crazy notion and such a regimen, if anything, feeds the bacteria in the soil, thus benefiting the soil...but any expert opinion on the regimen actually resulting in an uptake of glucose by the palm Itself would be appreciated.
    • Paradise Found
      By Paradise Found
      My cycad hasn't flushed in two years. Is there anything I can do to make it flush this spring/summer? It's a taitungensis x guizhouensis.