IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A few pics from the Keys

NatureGirl

Aiphanes minima at Nancy's Secret Garden Key West.

post-267-1185446537_thumb.jpg

Warrior Palm Princess, Satellite Beach, Florida

Beautiful trunks of Arenga microcarpa, At Nancy's.

post-267-1185446585_thumb.jpg

Licuala grandis, Nancy's Key West

post-267-1185446637_thumb.jpg

Key Deer, Big Pine Key

post-267-1185446783_thumb.jpg

Dear Xena  :)

thanks for the tour,all the stills are terrefic.but since my first love is CIDP is their any growing there in that place.

any visuals ?

thanks & Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

NatureGirl, Thanks for posting the pics of Nancy's Secret Garden.  It's one of my most favorite places to hang out for a couple hours and enjoy all the palms and plants from all over the world.  I always stop by there on every trip to Key West! Did you see the Lodoicea maldivica?  

Kris, Although CIDP's are very common in Florida, I don't remember seeing very many of them in Key West.  There are too many other great palms to grow there!

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

NG:

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Another good reason to go all the way to Key West . . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Huh? Lodoicea? I must be slipping, I didn't see it. Or else, I didn't recognize it. Where was it located in the garden? There were a few palms that didn't have labels that I couldn't identify.

(Jeff in Costa Rica @ Jul. 26 2007,15:34)

NatureGirl, Thanks for posting the pics of Nancy's Secret Garden.  It's one of my most favorite places to hang out for a couple hours and enjoy all the palms and plants from all over the world.  I always stop by there on every trip to Key West! Did you see the Lodoicea maldivica?  

Kris, Although CIDP's are very common in Florida, I don't remember seeing very many of them in Key West.  There are too many other great palms to grow there!

Jeff,

The double coconut has been gone now for a couple of years now. But, there's a large one growing at her cousin Peter's house not too far away. If you ever get a chance to go down again, ask Nancy and maybe you can get overthere to look at it. Along with large Copernicia's, huge Corypha's, Bactris militaris, Pelagodoxa and on and on and on. We have our palm sale at Nancy's every Feb. I love to go down when we can.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

fantastic pix!!!more,please! :P

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Nice photos Charlene.  You can't even tell Hurricanes Katrina and Rita brushed the Keys in 2005.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B