Sign in to follow this  
NickJames

Palms at my childhood home

NickJames

Jacksonville, FL off Hodges Blvd

Queens and p. Roebellini have been here since 1998 and survived 19 degrees in early 2000s and of course 2010. One barrel of the roebellini recently died.

Queens were brought in from Home Depot in Daytona Beach in a normal pickup truck. One of the queens was downed in 2000 by a tornado/microburst and replanted. As you can see, it didn’t care one bit. 

They continue to be some of the nicest queens I’ve ever seen. They receive very little care at this point. 

Foxtails planted this year. I told her not to. LOL. 

D175719B-3601-4B10-B8CF-1EEADE10B11C.jpeg

893977D6-EF1F-4986-B0C9-BA90814282F3.jpeg

EC17BFB0-E020-4CB9-A2FD-88BA8E821633.jpeg

340042C3-03BC-416B-BDE2-61E5E69151E1.jpeg

A7EB250A-A4D8-414D-8BBA-FBC3D6FF588D.jpeg

C4A0D843-9354-4AAF-8D3B-E6CB072607BF.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Those queens would look even better if she fertilized them a couple times per year. Foxtails in Jacksonville? Some people insist on learning the hard way. My long-departed foxtail took a hit at 29F, never recovered and was put out of its misery a year or two later.

• Like 1

NickJames
18 minutes ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Those queens would look even better if she fertilized them a couple times per year. Foxtails in Jacksonville? Some people insist on learning the hard way. My long-departed foxtail took a hit at 29F, never recovered and was put out of its misery a year or two later.

Who knows, maybe I’ll be right behind you myself tonight :(

The weather here is actually way different than Daytona. I think the average annual temperature is lower enough to make a difference in viability.