IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palms at my childhood home

NickJames

Jacksonville, FL off Hodges Blvd

Queens and p. Roebellini have been here since 1998 and survived 19 degrees in early 2000s and of course 2010. One barrel of the roebellini recently died.

Queens were brought in from Home Depot in Daytona Beach in a normal pickup truck. One of the queens was downed in 2000 by a tornado/microburst and replanted. As you can see, it didn’t care one bit. 

They continue to be some of the nicest queens I’ve ever seen. They receive very little care at this point. 

Foxtails planted this year. I told her not to. LOL. 

D175719B-3601-4B10-B8CF-1EEADE10B11C.jpeg

893977D6-EF1F-4986-B0C9-BA90814282F3.jpeg

EC17BFB0-E020-4CB9-A2FD-88BA8E821633.jpeg

340042C3-03BC-416B-BDE2-61E5E69151E1.jpeg

A7EB250A-A4D8-414D-8BBA-FBC3D6FF588D.jpeg

C4A0D843-9354-4AAF-8D3B-E6CB072607BF.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Those queens would look even better if she fertilized them a couple times per year. Foxtails in Jacksonville? Some people insist on learning the hard way. My long-departed foxtail took a hit at 29F, never recovered and was put out of its misery a year or two later.

• Like 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

18 minutes ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Those queens would look even better if she fertilized them a couple times per year. Foxtails in Jacksonville? Some people insist on learning the hard way. My long-departed foxtail took a hit at 29F, never recovered and was put out of its misery a year or two later.

Who knows, maybe I’ll be right behind you myself tonight :(

The weather here is actually way different than Daytona. I think the average annual temperature is lower enough to make a difference in viability.