• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Best Home Weather Station

ahosey01

Hey guys,

I want to measure high, low, precip and humidity. Don’t care about much else. Want something that can take the Arizona sun without decaying all the parts. Doesn’t need to be crazy wind resistant or anything or have too many fancy features.

Whats the best combination of low price and high quality for my needs? Would also like to be able to capture historical data in a phone app or something but that’s low on the priority list.

There has been several threads on weather stations over the years. You can try a search. One of the more recent ones:

Weather stations 

Mission Viejo, CA

Limited coastal influence

5-10 days of frost

IPS and PSSC Member

14 hours ago, Brett in Mission Viejo said:

There has been several threads on weather stations over the years. You can try a search. One of the more recent ones:

Weather stations 

Acknowledge there have been before.  But these devices - from what I can tell - are using very modern technology when it comes to apps, displays, etc.  I work in that field and know all too well that what was a good, reliable value a year and a half ago may now be obsolete.  I found the thread you just posted, but figured that without knowing much about weather stations it was too old to be sure it’s still accurate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ahosey01 said:

Acknowledge there have been before.  But these devices - from what I can tell - are using very modern technology when it comes to apps, displays, etc.  I work in that field and know all too well that what was a good, reliable value a year and a half ago may now be obsolete.  I found the thread you just posted, but figured that without knowing much about weather stations it was too old to be sure it’s still accurate.

Im in the same boat as you are now, in that I'm looking for one for myself.  That thread was not very helpful because most of it was in 2019.  The last posts were in march of this year.  Things have changed a good bit with those home indoor/outdoor temp stations / weather stations.   Id love to find a good, solid reliable one that is going to accurately and reliably work for at least a few years, and have reliable transmitters that wont crap out after a couple months or run through a boatload of batteries.   The last one I had SUCKED.  It would never update from the atomic clock, and the transmitters kept disconnecting and finally would not connect at all anymore after a few months. 

I bought my son this station a couple of weeks ago for a Holiday present because it was reasonably priced and had good ratings:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XNPKKNZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mission Viejo, CA

Limited coastal influence

5-10 days of frost

IPS and PSSC Member