IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Planting our ʻulu farm in Hawaiʻi - breadfruit - pana - maʻafala - ʻUlu fiti

www.dadluvsu.com

Thanks Jerry, proud to know you too, means way more than words express...  :)  I miss my solitary morning walks at the tree zoo before work, one o the very few things I miss in Florida... 

Tim, there's a couple decent plantings on island I am aware of...  We are the largest (for now) on the road to Akaka Falls, a vegetable farmer/pig farmer/musician group of locals farm some KS land a couple miles north of me that have about 400 planted, the Trump's (mac nuts not president) have about 400ish up Kapa'au, a former senator/cattle owner has about 100ish near Matsuyama Store, a doctor in Paukaa has a couple hundred on KS land, and there is a nice little stand makai belt road just Honoka’a side of the new bridge around Umauma....    Talks of a painter from Puna planting out his newly aquired land around Hakalau putting down 200 or so and rumors o some guy Kohala area with plans for 1000's but talk is just that...

Found a low quality recent image from a satellite taken about a month ago, just wanted to update...  Trees are all about 10-12 feet tall.  Heard Santa is bringing a drone soon, better pics to follow!

Untitled.jpg

Don't know how I missed this 'til now.

Thanks for taking the time to share all that with us. It's great to see the progress since my last visit, and the improvements and care you have given to the aina. That is quite an achievement.

Slowly but surely more "mainlanders" are making the switch to the life style we enjoy here on the Big Island. Though not for the timid, I am sure you agree that the rewards are well worth the effort, and apparent every time you open the door and walk outside, feel your surroundings, and take in the view.

Continued Aloha

• Like 1

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

• 2 weeks later...

Dean, It is amazing here.  It is better than I ever dreamed and keeps getting better day by day.  I've been here just about long enough to notice the influx of mainlanders, to understand why people are defensive of this place, and how the island rejects people faster than they can arrive sometimes.,.

No microSD card yet, but I performed my first ever drone flight yesterday...  Snapped a screenshot and wanted to share.

IMG_9765.PNG

• Like 1