IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Plant Identification Please

KDubU

Hi,

My first post on the forum as having just moved to FL, I have delved into tropical gardening and plan to completely redesign our new property to reflect that. I have been actively researching, talking with local garden designers, etc. about various tropical plants and have already started. The reason for this post is I have seen two plants while walking our pup that look familiar but I cannot place them and hope someone can help. I have attached an image of both and hope they are sufficient.

Tks

Kyle

4689DBB6-EAC5-493A-9E62-4E202B2B282F.jpeg

9EFEFC2C-D3FF-49C6-B52F-D5A4D6A9AA5B.jpeg

Edited by KDubU
Spelling error

First pic is plumeria (Plumeria rubra) and second pic might be giant milkweed (Calotropis gigantea)

welcome to palmtalk!

Edited by Xenon
  • Like 1

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

Thank you Xenon! Plumeria was what I had forgotten so thanks for this. There is a great nursery in Jacksonville that specializes in them so I’ll make sure to place an order in April when they open back up.

Interesting you mention giant milkweed for the second as I saw similar plants tucked in the back of a local nursery with no tags on them. I was uncertain what they were but they do indeed look like much smaller versions of this. Again thank you!

Kyle

10 minutes ago, KDubU said:

Thank you Xenon! Plumeria was what I had forgotten so thanks for this. There is a great nursery in Jacksonville that specializes in them so I’ll make sure to place an order in April when they open back up.

Interesting you mention giant milkweed for the second as I saw similar plants tucked in the back of a local nursery with no tags on them. I was uncertain what they were but they do indeed look like much smaller versions of this. Again thank you!

Kyle

If you want really great Plumerias, check out:  Brad's Buds and Blooms / Florida Colors.. Know the people who own/ operate the second nursery personally, and have ordered from B&B in the past.. Both offer outstanding selections. B&B is one of the few ( if not the only ) Plumeria nursery licenced to sell specific newer cultivars created by a highly respected Plumeria hybridizer from Thailand here in the U.S..

1 hour ago, Silas_Sancona said:

If you want really great Plumerias, check out:  Brad's Buds and Blooms / Florida Colors.. Know the people who own/ operate the second nursery personally, and have ordered from B&B in the past.. Both offer outstanding selections. B&B is one of the few ( if not the only ) Plumeria nursery licenced to sell specific newer cultivars created by a highly respected Plumeria hybridizer from Thailand here in the U.S..

Ordered a couple only minutes ago.

9D0E2580-755A-4014-9F02-BC78A933AC8B.png

• Like 1