IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

WTB Sabal causiarum seeds USA

Fallen Munk

Looking for fresh Sabal causiarum seeds from USA source.   I've ordered a bunch from Portugal off of Ebay with limited germination success and now with the pandemic, my last shipment from that seller got lost in transit or is still missing somewhere.  Thanks in advance!

Hi I'm new first post I hope i get notified by email. I have collected from 3 trees locally with Causarium type leaves... only one has the small seeds the others have larger sized fruits i suspect it to be more authentic... it is the most photogenic I think of the three but the other two are much nicer looking... the one with the giant crown the largest is a sabal texana or mexicana I think but still the same look and holds its green better... I also have alot of seeds from a choice sabal palmetto that looks better than all...

Let me know if interested in the others and I can post more photos... the suspected true causarium is featured in the photo below. I cannot reach the leaves they are several feet over me... the tree had alot of fallen seeds they are dry on the shell but they look fine... the tree is stunning from a distance... it has bigger fruit shells than palmetto but smaller than the others two... the seeds inside  appear to be around .5 centimeters wide.

The other boasts a much thicker trunk but around the same size crown that is more full and less trimmed also... bigger seed... and the biggest one I mentioned is just very huge

20201117_155806.jpg

20201117_155824.jpg

Here are the others. This one is a store front tree (yes I had permission) it had the most authentic looking crown but larger seeds. I fell for the massive trunk its much thicker than the others

20201117_105226.jpg

20201117_105154.jpg

20201117_105104.jpg

The third has a massive crown I believe it is more of a Sabal Texana.  The seeds are around the same size as the storefront tree

20201117_133638.jpg

20201117_132648.jpg

20201117_133620.jpg

Choice Palmetto 

I can just barely reach the bottom of the lowest seed stem I'm 5'8+1/2 lol...  

Nice mature tree my favorite of them all 

Let me know what you have for trade! I like alot of plants and trees

Zone 8b Texas

20201117_103440.jpg

20201117_103455.jpg

20201117_103521.jpg

Edited by DallasPalms

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to a few members, I have plenty of seeds and seedlings now.  I'd pull the post but there is no option for that.  Thanks to everyone that helped me out with these!!