IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My palm list

WaianaeCrider

Trying to keep a record of what I have, where planted and date planted.  Month and Date for most is a guess, but year is pretty accurate.  Some times there are more than one in the same location so only listed once

Wow, didn't think I had so many.  Just think I killed about 15 over the years since 1998.

My Pritchardias are a problem.  Most don't look like what they were sold as.  Grumble, grumble.  But they are growing GREAT whatever they are.

There are 115 on this list.  Probably get more next summer, or shoots next week.  LOL

Oh, I have 2 acres in Wai`anae, Oahu.

Actinokentia divaricata
Adonidia  merrillii
Archontophoenix  alexandra
Areca oxycarpa
Areca vestiari
Arenga macrocarpa
Arenga pinnata
Arenga  australasica
Arenga  engalari
Arenga  micrantha
Attalea  
Beccariophoenix alfredii
Bentinckia condapanna
Bismarkia nobilis
Butia yate
Calyptrocalyx hollrungii #1
Calyptrocalyx hollrungii #2
Calyptrocalyx pachystachys
Caryota  mitis
Chamaedorea  elegans
Chamaedorea metallica
Chamaedorea metallica
Chamaedorea   geonomiformis
Chamaedorea  ernesti-augusti
Chamaedorea  microspadix
Chamaedorea s seifrizii
Chambeyronia macrocarpa #1
Chambeyronia macrocarpa #2
Chuniophoenix nana
Clinostigm  savoryanum
Coccothrinax  barbadensis
Coccothrinax  crinita
Cocos  nucifera
Copernicia  alba
Copernicia  baileyana-?
Cyphophoenix alba
Cyphophoenix elegans
Cyphosperma balansae
Cyrtostachys  renda
Dictyosperma  album
Dypsis baronii
Dypsis rubusta
Dypsis rosea
Dypsis sp. Bejoufa
Dypsis lanceolata
Dypsis Bejouf
Dypsis pembana
Dypsis  decaryi
Dypsis  lutescens
Dypsis  sp. 'Mayotte' #1
Dypsis  sp. 'Mayotte' #1
Dypsis  robusta
Dypsis  rosea
Dypsis  lastelliana
Euterpe sp. Orange Crownshaft
Euterpe Sp. orange crownshaft
Howea fosteriana
Hyophorbe  indica
Hyophorbe  lagenicaulis
Hyophorbe  verschaffeltii
Hyphaene coriacea
Itaya amicorum
Itaya  amicorum
Jubaeopsis caffra
Licuala grandis
Licuala  grandis
Licuala  pinosa
Livistona chinensis
Livistona mariae
Loxococcus  rupicola
Loxococcus rupicola
Lytocaryum  weddellianum
Lytocaryum  weddellianum
Neoveitchia storckii
Neoveitchia  storckii
Phoenix  dactylifera
Phoenix  roebelenii
Phoenix  sylvestris
Pholidocarpus  macrocarpus
Phytelephas macrocarpa
Pinanga philippinensis
Pinanga  coronata
Pinanga  maculata
Pinanga  coronata
Pinanga  maculata
Polyandrococos caudescens
Pritchardia hardii ?
Pritchardia martii ?
Pritchardia minor?
Pritchardia monroii ?
Pritchardia schattaueri ?
Pritchardia remota
Pseudophoenix  ekmanii
Pseudophoenix  sargentii
Pseudophoenix  vinifera
Ptychosperma  cuneatum
Ptychosperma  elegans
Ravemea hildebrandtii
Ravenea  hildebrandtii
Rhapis excelsa
Roystonea  oleracea
Roystonea  regia
Sabal  uresana
Sabal  mexicana
Sabal  minor?
Sabal  palmetto
Sabal  rosiei
Syagrus botryophora
Thrinax  radiata
Thrinax  radiata
Veitchia  arecina
Veitchia  arecina
Veitchia  joannis
Welfia regia
Wodyetia bifurcata

• Like 5

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

I can't be held responsible for anything I say or do....LOL

Obscenities screamed 

but maybe a Dypsis lafamazanga?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I'll send you some Washingtonia seeds so you can have your "holy grail" palm and complete your collection!  Nice list!

• Like 3

Jon Sunder

4 minutes ago, Fusca said:

I'll send you some Washingtonia seeds so you can have your "holy grail" palm and complete your collection!  Nice list!

:floor:

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, what a list!! Don't think to get there, but hey, you never know.

I only started 2 yrs ago with a lipstick palm and everyone told me they are very hard to grow and I took the challenge and fell into a mega passion for exotic palms and plants, those endangered ones, the gorgeous ones , the ones what don't grow here and who knows what I will still find. I love the challenge and the joy and peace working in the garden with my hands in the dirt and sucking up their positive energy and giving it right back to them, its such a deep connection that not enough people on this earth really know and understand. 

In order to keep track I made a list of each species, numbered , dates of purchase, what I paid, origin, how to maintain and pics from the seedling with pics how they will/should look like when mature. Since I am not anymore the youngest at least my family will have instructions and hopefully follow my path and they will see than what time and afford and investment it took to have everything ready to create a future tropical garden in your backyard.

I don't have my own place yet so they are all in pots in my little garden, defined to get their spot outside when we find the right house and terrain. My backyard is getting filled up fast and I really have to take a break now. Apart of that I pick up fresh seeds I find walking my dog and those get germinated as well. Since I live in a beautiful neighborhood there are quite some finds. I love what I do and I am thankful for this forum with so many passionate experts who always assist when I need answers. You guys/gals are all awesome.