Teegurr

Canary Island Date Palm Sprouts - progression thread (College Station 8b/9a)

Fallen Munk
1 hour ago, palmne3rd said:

Hi Fallen Monk, your plants look great.  What soil mixture are you using to obtain these great results?  THank you!

Thanks!  It's just kitchen compost with perlite added.  I started putting rocks on top to keep the squirrels from digging them up and the growth really skyrocketed.  They store the heat from the day and release it slowly at night.   Now if I could just figure out a way to keep the weeds down.  Really hard to weed with the rocks in there.

palmne3rd

Wow, that's great!  I love the rock concept as the squirrels love my pots and the added heat is a bonus!  Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      Insane day for weather, we got 4+ inches of snow!
      1. Butia odorata
      2. Phoenix dactylifera
      3. Phoenix canariensis
      4. Ravenea rivularis

• Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      This is a nice CIDP I spotted on Lawyer. I'm not sure of the age - much appreciated if anyone can guess.

• Alex37
      By Alex37
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm looking for butiagrus seeds (Butia x syagrus r.), I live in Italy, is there anyone who has them?
    • Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      Hi, new member here. I just received these Canary Island date palm seeds from treeseeds.com. I wonder how long I should keep them indoors and when to plant outside. Also, what soil would be good for them? I appreciate the help!