IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Copernicia ?

WaianaeCrider

Yesterday's cleaning gave me some room to photo this palm.  I think it's a Copernicia but I have no idea which.  Rain permitting I'll do some trimming around it and to it and hope for better id.  It's been growing in heavy shade for years and should be about 20 years old.  So much scrub to cut down, so little time and energy to do it.   LOL

20201027_092020.jpg

20201027_092035.jpg

20201027_092046.jpg

20201027_092148.jpg

• Like 5

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

I can't be held responsible for anything I say or do....LOL

2 hours ago, Palmarum said:

A stretched Copernicia berteroana perhaps, with the green leaves and whitish petioles.

Ryan

Mahalo, I'll clear around it, give it more sun and clean up the leaves over the next few weeks.  Main task now it to continue to prep ground and plant the last 10 palms from my Sept. FB order.  Got a good idea where 4 will go.  Lotta weeding first but at least the ground has been terraced.

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

I can't be held responsible for anything I say or do....LOL

Yep.Copernicia berteroana. Heres mine to compare,grown from seed I collected on the 2006 IPS trip to the Dominican Republic.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

16039042471826322540374935214611.jpg

Edited by aztropic
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

It has a kind of forked pattern of the leaves. The fans look zig-zagged foxhead look overall. Im grasping for a way to describe the shape, I know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aztropic said:

Yep.Copernicia berteroana. Heres mine to compare,grown from seed I collected on the 2006 IPS trip to the Dominican Republic.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

That's a nice one!!!

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, aztropic said:

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

That's impressive for 14 years old in the Copernicia world! Nice Macroglossa to the right. Was that grown from 2006 seed as well?

Saw 28F last January with 50% burn on berteroana and only the newest frond on the macroglossa.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 1

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year